Batteries for HP15/16C
04-01-2022, 12:12 AM
Batteries for HP15/16C
Someone mentioned in an HP-41 forum that Duracell batteries are known to leak and cause damage.

I need to replace the batteries on an HP-16C and am looking for batteries that are better than others.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2022, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2022 05:14 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: Batteries for HP15/16C
For Voyagers, use Eveready* 303/357 Silver Oxide cells. They last FAR longer than alkaline cells and I have never seen or heard of one leaking. They're easy to find on eBay and Amazon. In bulk, they're much cheaper as well, and they have a shelf life of something like 10 years, so they won't go to waste.

* Corrected. Originally this was spelled wrong.

--Bob Prosperi
04-01-2022, 02:15 AM
I typically use Energizers, but yeah, 357 silver oxide batteries are definitely the way to go. I'll have to take a look at the EverReady ones. I was looking for a good way to get them in bulk just the other day.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2022, 09:47 AM
(04-01-2022 01:27 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  For Voyagers, use EverReady 303/357 Silver Oxide cells. They last FAR longer than alkaline cells and I have never seen or heard of one leaking. They're easy to find on eBay and Amazon. In bulk, they're much cheaper as well, and they have a shelf life of something like 10 years, so they won't go to waste.

Thanks
04-01-2022, 09:48 AM
(04-01-2022 02:15 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I typically use Energizers, but yeah, 357 silver oxide batteries are definitely the way to go. I'll have to take a look at the EverReady ones. I was looking for a good way to get them in bulk just the other day.

Thanks
04-01-2022, 12:41 PM
Sorry to not be clear enough, Energizer is the product name made by the company Eveready (note typo in my post above, there is only 1 'r' in the name).

--Bob Prosperi
04-01-2022, 12:48 PM
(04-01-2022 12:41 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Sorry to not be clear enough, Energizer is the product name made by the company Eveready (note typo in my post above, there is only 1 'r' in the name).

Ahh, okay, that explains why I couldn't find any EverReady 357s. Smile

I discovered that the local Dollar General has the Energizer three-packs for $6, which isn't exactly a bulk discount, but it's competitive with places like Target, Rite Aid, etc. So there's another good option if you find yourself in a jam and needing some calculator batteries.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2022, 05:13 PM
(04-01-2022 12:48 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(04-01-2022 12:41 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Sorry to not be clear enough, Energizer is the product name made by the company Eveready (note typo in my post above, there is only 1 'r' in the name).

Ahh, okay, that explains why I couldn't find any EverReady 357s. Smile

I discovered that the local Dollar General has the Energizer three-packs for $6, which isn't exactly a bulk discount, but it's competitive with places like Target, Rite Aid, etc. So there's another good option if you find yourself in a jam and needing some calculator batteries.

Examine them closely, there are definitely fake Energizer cells out there, cheap Chinese junk masquerading as high-quality batteries. Oddly, the packaging seems to be much harder to clone than the appearance of the batteries, so examine the labels closely, most of the fakes can't seem to get spelling completely right on many words.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)