Dennis Harms interview at the 30th anniversary of the HP 12C
04-12-2022, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2022 11:07 AM by HP-12C.)
Dennis Harms interview at the 30th anniversary of the HP 12C
Hello, I am new here

I am trying to locate a video interview with Dennis Harms at the time of 30th anniversary of the HP 12C introduction, it is not on YouTube or any of the other video hosting sites that I can find.

Does anyone else remember this HP press release video and might know where it is located now online?

I have only been able to locate this picture from the interview.

Thank you.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2022, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2022 12:52 PM by Steve Simpkin.)
RE: Dennis Harms interview at the 30th anniversary of the HP 12C
While I do not know where to find the exact video you mentioned, here is a similar presentation that Dennis Harms gave at HHC 2011.
Note the following may not work on a mobile device.

Go to https://videos.hpcalc.org/

On the left side, scroll down to the following section:
HHC 2011
Back to the Future

Click on the link on item 5. It is labeled as follows:
5. Dennis Harms
HP 12C - Why has it lasted 30 years?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2022, 07:59 AM
Hi Steve
thank you so much for your response,

I have not seen that website and that is a real Aladdin's cave of interesting videos, thank you so much.
04-14-2022, 03:49 AM
(04-13-2022 07:59 AM)HP-12C Wrote:  Hi Steve
thank you so much for your response,

I have not seen that website and that is a real Aladdin's cave of interesting videos, thank you so much.

You are welcomeSmile Yes, http://www.hpcalc.org is a fantastic site and this video section is extremely cool.

I was hoping there would have been a mention from HP on the HP-12C’s 40th anniversary last year but I didn’t see anything. As an engineer I have had much more of an interest in scientific calculators than financial ones but over the years I have really come to appreciate my HP-12C. I recently used it to help do my income tax returns instead of my traditional HP-48SX. It just seemed like the right tool for the job.
04-14-2022, 04:01 AM
For reference, here is the original post from Eric regarding these videos.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14...31551.html
04-14-2022, 05:22 AM
(04-14-2022 03:49 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I was hoping there would have been a mention from HP on the HP-12C’s 40th anniversary last year but I didn’t see anything.

That was going to be my next question, if there had been anything special for the 40th anniversary as I could not find anything online regarding this.

Hopefully we will see something for the gold, 50th anniversary of the Voyager series. It does only seem like yesterday that it was 1981.

I am trying to collect one of each major variant of the HP-12C
09-02-2023, 08:52 PM
The video I made to the HP Calculator club in 2011 is still in the archives. Thank you.

I also made a video for HP Calculator marketing. That was professionally shot and edited. It was an interview I did in Bill Hewlett's office. It was a celebration of the 30th anniversary and was a marketing piece for the 30th anniversary edition of the 12C. I would love to find a copy of that video.

Can anybody find it, or do you know someone responsible for HP Archives that might be able to dig it up?

In the calculator club video, the HP Marketing person says the video can be found at hp.com/go/voyager.

We will have to find it in the next 8 years to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)