Hex memory monitor in HP 32SII?
04-13-2022, 10:47 PM
Hex memory monitor in HP 32SII?
Does the HP 32SII have a hidden "memory monitor" (hex browser of internal memory) like the HP 42S has? On the 42S, pressing ON+LOG, then backspace, launches its "memory monitor" which lets you peek and poke anywhere in RAM. Does the 32SII have any similar hidden feature?

My goal is to create a hex table of the 32SII internal program hex codes. If that already exists, I don't need the memory monitor.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the above! :-)

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2022, 07:33 AM
RE: Hex memory monitor in HP 32SII?
No, there is definitively no memory browser in the 32SII.
But we have, since a long time, an excellent emulator, with it you can explore the memory.

I was told that some already decoded the hex codes, published on That Other Site that must not be named (Oh, That Old Obsolete Rule ! will it stay forever even if nobody cares anymore)
So here is an approximative link (to be fixed).

What is your goal of knowing the hex tables? Since there is no way to enter synthetic opcodes, what is the use?

J-F
04-14-2022, 12:32 PM
RE: Hex memory monitor in HP 32SII?
Many thanks, J-F!

(04-14-2022 07:33 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  What is your goal of knowing the hex tables?

Currently, merely curiosity. The arrangement of the hex table of programmable commands in each HP model has always fascinated me, and that's one model I never had the hex table for.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)