Firmware upgrade DM 42
04-22-2022, 08:52 AM
Firmware upgrade DM 42
Hello
First: I know there is a SwissMicro forum but unfortunately i lost my pwd and have not received a reply from SM to reset my pwd yet.
I have a DM42 s/n 191 firmware: V 3.0. Have nort used it much but was thinking to upgrade the firmware. Tried to follow the instruction for upgrade the firmware. Found that since I use an old version I have to save 2 files to the storage of the calculator. According insttructions I have to save the files to the root. Then "safely remove hardware" on the PC. Then the calculator should detect the 2 files and upgrade. My result is that nothing happens.
Eject (safely remove) the calculator disk from PC/Mac computer. Please, be patient this can take some time. Don’t unplug USB cable until safely ejected from OS.

Calculator detects presence of new firmware file and asks for update. You can confirm it immediately or press EXIT key and activate flashing process later using "Flash firmware from FAT" either from DM42 program SETUP → System or directly from DMCP System menu Enter System Menu

Maybe I have to do it in another way since my current firmware is to old?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2022, 08:57 AM
RE: Firmware upgrade DM 42
From the manual:
FAT disk update is available since DMCP version 3.5, you have to use other firmware update method if calculator contains earlier firmware version

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
04-22-2022, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2022 09:38 AM by ctrclckws.)
You may need to follow the instructions in section 6.7 windows, or 6.8 for Mac of the user manual.

I would recommend updating to version 3.7 first, then updating to current.

The older firmware is still available in the previous versions directory on the download site.

By the way, make sure the battery is good.
04-22-2022, 10:21 AM
Thank you for replies!
Seems to be many ways to update firmware. Could it be this: FW Update Using dm_tool ?
/Andreas
04-22-2022, 10:40 AM
That's the one, for windows.
04-22-2022, 11:48 AM
Ok worked . Had first to flash V3.7 then downloaded the combined bin file (FW+PGM) to FAT and could follow the instructions.
Some hassle to make WIN 10 accept unsigned drivers however.

Now at V3.23

/Andreas
04-22-2022, 01:00 PM
Congratulations,

Any further updates will be easier
04-22-2022, 06:30 PM
For the record, when using dm_tool for updating, one can update from/to any version, there's no need to update to interim versions.

Old timers (early DMxx users) tend to prefer using dm_tool and newer users tend to favor the drag-n-drop onto FAT, each finding the other method more tedious.

--Bob Prosperi
04-22-2022, 07:00 PM
(04-22-2022 06:30 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Old timers (early DMxx users) tend to prefer using dm_tool.

Do not generalize, Bob. Wink

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)