HP's 1979 Statement of Corporate Objectives
04-25-2022, 06:02 AM
HP's 1979 Statement of Corporate Objectives
The following text appears inside the front cover of the 1979 HP-41C "Owner's Handbook and Programming Guide":

HP Wrote:"The success and prosperity of our company will be assured only if we offer our customers superior products that fill real needs and provide lasting value, and that are supported by a wide variety of useful services, both before and after sale."
— Statement of Corporate Objectives
Hewlett-Packard

When Messrs. Hewlett and Packard founded our company in 1939, we offered one superior product, an audio oscillator. Today, we offer over 3500 quality products, designed and built for some of the world's most discerning customers.

Since we introduced our first scientific calculator in 1967, we've sold millions worldwide, both pocket and desktop models. Their owners include Nobel laureates, astronauts, mountain climbers, businessmen, doctors, students, and housewives.

Each of our calculators is precision crafted and designed to solve the problems its owner can expect to encounter throughout a working lifetime.

HP calculators fill real needs. And they provide lasting value.

The 1982 bestseller, "In Search of Excellence", spoke of "The HP Way" as being a model for corporate excellence. HP's pride in their products was tangible in their calculators and visible on every page of their manuals... even inside the front cover. I personally am delighted that HP's former excellence has not entirely disappeared into the past, but is still manifest in the classic HP calculators which refuse to die, in the manuals that we enthusiasts still enjoy, and here among the members of MoHPC.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2022, 09:13 AM
RE: HP's 1979 Statement of Corporate Objectives
There really should be a 'like' button here.
Werner

41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE,DM15L,12C,16CE
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2022, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2022 07:29 PM by Steve Simpkin.)
RE: HP's 1979 Statement of Corporate Objectives
The first time I saw those words was at the beginning of my HP-25 Owner’s Handbook. I used my HP-25 for almost 10 years as my only calculator through high school, 4 years of college and 2 years at my first job as an electrical engineer. I still works great to this day.

Their statement that “HP calculators fill real needs. And they provide lasting value.“ was very real to me.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)