HP41 ROMHandler software published (beta)
05-09-2022, 07:00 PM
HP41 ROMHandler software published (beta)
Happy to announce the first public BETA version of ROMHandler, a Windows program to manipulate MOD and ROM files for the HP41, i41CX, DM41X and HP41CL.
It is based on the MLDL2000 Manager Mk2M, but with all hardware dependecies removed is is now a standalone program.

Its two main features are a MOD file manipulator and a ROM file disassembler. Compared with the most recent version of M2kM it offers the following previously undocumented features:

- disassembly of HEPAX RAM images, recognizes file types
- support for HP41CL commands
- support for HP41CL FLDB image listing
- alert for HP41CL image using upper bits
- lists HP41CL YCRC
- alert for HEPAX RAM file (xFF3 = 200)
- supports lower case mnemonics and mnemonics without spaces (CalypsiNut style)
- HEXdump of a ROM image
- analysis of DM41X RAM file, and splits this file in seperate ROM files
- opens i41CX mailmod files

For those of us with older eyes and hi-res monitors, the listwindow and disassembly lister font size can be selected (with Preferences). I can also recommend the special glasses that I use for computer screens.

This is beta software for Windows only an not heavily tested. I do not have a manual yet, parts of the M2kM manual apply. Please report any issues.

Software can be dowloaded at https://github.com/mjakuipers/ROMHandler

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2022, 07:04 PM
RE: HP41 ROMHandler software published (beta)
Thank you, Meindert!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Thanks, I already found the first version from the SM forum very helpful.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
05-10-2022, 12:51 PM
Hi Meindert, all,

A very helpful tool indeed.

Great job!

Thanks. ;-)

Best wishes.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
05-10-2022, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2022 01:10 PM by Ángel Martin.)
Hi Meindert,

I'm playing around with the new version, will let you know if i find issues.

I noticed that the font size option does *not* apply to the "Lister" window (where the diassassembly goes). This is unfortunate, as that's where it's needed the most.

Is it possible to include that as well? It'd be ok if it needs to be a mono space font, I'm after legibility, not aesthetics.

Bedank,
ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it apply."
05-10-2022, 01:41 PM
(05-10-2022 01:06 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Hi Meindert,

I noticed that the font size option does *not* apply to the "Lister" window (where the diassassembly goes). This is unfortunate, as that's where it's needed the most.

Is it possible to include that as well? It'd be ok if it needs to be a mono space font, I'm after legibility, not aesthetics.

Bedank,
ÁM

It does not apply immediately to an open disassembly listing, but if you generate a new listing the font will be changed. Need to check if it is easy to change the font on the fly.

Regards, Meindert
05-10-2022, 01:51 PM
(05-10-2022 01:41 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
(05-10-2022 01:06 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Hi Meindert,

Bedank,
ÁM

It does not apply immediately to an open disassembly listing, but if you generate a new listing the font will be changed. Need to check if it is easy to change the font on the fly.
And just checked, after you click Apply in Preferences, and then click in the disassembly window, it will change immediately.

Regards, Meindert
05-10-2022, 05:52 PM
(05-10-2022 01:51 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
(05-10-2022 01:41 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  It does not apply immediately to an open disassembly listing, but if you generate a new listing the font will be changed. Need to check if it is easy to change the font on the fly.
And just checked, after you click Apply in Preferences, and then click in the disassembly window, it will change immediately.

Sorry but it doesn't work on my system, I wonder why...

Preferences -> Listing Font Size field

The main window works just fine (where the FAT, etc. are listed) but the Disassembly window remains unaltered regardless of the value I input in the field...

05-10-2022, 07:12 PM
(05-10-2022 05:52 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(05-10-2022 01:51 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  

Sorry but it doesn't work on my system, I wonder why...

The main window works just fine (where the FAT, etc. are listed) but the Disassembly window remains unaltered regardless of the value I input in the field...

Strange ... I downloaded the new file from github just to make sure that I tested the latest version. Is the font size field persistent after you close and open the application?

Regards, Meindert
05-11-2022, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2022 07:50 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(05-10-2022 07:12 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
(05-10-2022 05:52 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Sorry but it doesn't work on my system, I wonder why...

Strange ... I downloaded the new file from github just to make sure that I tested the latest version. Is the font size field persistent after you close and open the application?

apologies for the confusion, it was all "user misunderstanding"- it turns out I was using a taskbar shortcut pointing at an older version. I'm not sure why the new "Preferences" screen showed up in there (with the font size field) though, but the good news is it now works as expected.

Thanks Meindert, this is really a godsend for vision-impaired folks like myself.

Bedank,
ÁM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)