After posting, you will be taken to your post...
05-20-2022, 12:07 AM
After posting, you will be taken to your post...
I'm not trying to stir up trouble here (uh-uh, no, not me!)
But after, I post to a thread, it takes me back to see my post.

I sometimes wonder, if I'm taken back to something I just posted,
is it to see if it formatted alright,
or spot any typos,
or to see if it posted at all,
or because...
it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to see something I wrote on a world wide forum.

(tongue in cheek)

10B, 10BII, 12C, 14B, 15C, 16C, 17B, 18C, 19BII, 20b, 22, 29C, 35, 38G, 39G, 41CV, 48G, 97
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2022, 07:20 AM
RE: After posting, you will be taken to your post...
On another forum, after an experiment to show or to hide the number of edits a post has had, it became clear that a sizeable subset of people do edit their post, even many times, after committing it. (And some of those people didn't want to feel shamed about their edit habit.)

Another subset of people never edited their posts and were surprised to find that their way was not the only way.
05-20-2022, 12:01 PM
First thought: More than once in answering someone's question I've found someone else who has beaten me to the punch after I've been taken to my post. Second thought: Where else would you expect to be taken after submitting the post?

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
05-20-2022, 12:33 PM
(05-20-2022 12:01 PM)mfleming Wrote:  First thought: More than once in answering someone's question I've found someone else who has beaten me to the punch after I've been taken to my post.

This happens to me quite often. I usually attempt to use the "Preview Post" button before posting, which not only shows if I've successfully formatted things the way I intended, but also shows an up-to-date history of posts which have been added to the thread since I started typing up a response.

You still have to scroll down to see the newer posts, but it has saved me from repeating someone else's response on numerous occasions.
05-20-2022, 05:09 PM
(05-20-2022 12:01 PM)mfleming Wrote:  First thought: More than once in answering someone's question I've found someone else who has beaten me to the punch after I've been taken to my post. Second thought: Where else would you expect to be taken after submitting the post?

I guess... back to the same Forum,
(yeah, I'm aware that option is available)

10B, 10BII, 12C, 14B, 15C, 16C, 17B, 18C, 19BII, 20b, 22, 29C, 35, 38G, 39G, 41CV, 48G, 97
05-21-2022, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2022 04:50 PM by ijabbott.)
(05-20-2022 05:09 PM)Ren Wrote:  
(05-20-2022 12:01 PM)mfleming Wrote:  Second thought: Where else would you expect to be taken after submitting the post?

I guess... back to the same Forum,
(yeah, I'm aware that option is available)

You are taken back to the thread you were already in, and I think you are taken back to the first unread post in that thread (or perhaps you are taken back to the last post in that thread), which is probably the one you have just posted.

— Ian Abbott

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)