a real bug?
06-25-2022, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2022 05:51 AM by Adiwa.)
a real bug?
In the "explorer" at linear and at cubic exploring I get crossing of Y-axes "synthax error" in every case. The plot looks perfect and all other indications are correct.

I have the same outcome on my desktop HP Prime Emulator.

Thanks for an answer
Adrian

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2022, 12:43 PM
RE: a real bug?
I don't have this problem, neither on my HW1, nor on my HW2, nor Android and PC version. All running the latest OS.
Arno
07-01-2022, 07:20 PM
(06-29-2022 12:43 PM)Arno K Wrote:  I don't have this problem, neither on my HW1, nor on my HW2, nor Android and PC version. All running the latest OS.
Arno

Thanks for answering. looks really strange here on my HP, but perhaps time will solve the problem...

Regards
01-09-2023, 08:52 AM
Adrian,

Thanks for posting. I filed a bug report for this on the bug tracking site I’ve set up. … and the bug got fixed! Big Grin (Some are easier than others to fix…)

(If anyone reading this would like an account on the bug tracker I’ve set up to help organize matters, just let me know by PM.)
01-10-2023, 10:32 AM
(01-09-2023 08:52 AM)jte Wrote:  Adrian,

Thanks for posting. I filed a bug report for this on the bug tracking site I’ve set up. … and the bug got fixed! Big Grin (Some are easier than others to fix…)

(If anyone reading this would like an account on the bug tracker I’ve set up to help organize matters, just let me know by PM.)

That's great. How do you know that it got fixed? Has there been a recent update released?
01-10-2023, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2023 12:14 PM by toml_12953.)
What error was fixed? I get no errors on either the emulator or the physical calculator.

[Image: Cubic.png?raw=1]

Tom L
Cui bono?
01-10-2023, 08:35 PM
(01-10-2023 12:13 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  What error was fixed? I get no errors on either the emulator or the physical calculator.

I too didn’t see an issue when I first tried. Looking at the photos Adrian helpfully included, I thought: ah, maybe it only occurs with some Language / Digit Grouping settings. So I tried changing those and managed to see the incorrect table myself. When I filed the bug report, I included that information — as being able to reproduce the issue can be a huge help when trying to fix bugs. (For me, in this case, it was changing the Digit Grouping so that comma was used as the decimal separator that did the trick.)
01-10-2023, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2023 08:53 PM by jte.)
(01-10-2023 10:32 AM)matalog Wrote:  
(01-09-2023 08:52 AM)jte Wrote:  Adrian,

That’s great.

Yes, it’s good to get bugs squashed!

Quote:How do you know that it got fixed?

Two ways:
  • the ticket I filed on the bug tracker (ticket 70) was closed as “fixed” and
  • I saw the behaviour before and after. (I’m involved with the development of the HP Prime software.)
At the very least, a bug did get fixed that exhibits the same symptoms (no known differences) as that reported here in this thread.

Quote:Has there been a recent update released?

The current general release is from r14603 (2.1.14603 2021 12 02).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)