Video posted about the TI-74 BASICALC Pocket Computer
07-17-2022, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022 05:23 AM by Steve Simpkin.)
Video posted about the TI-74 BASICALC Pocket Computer
There is a great overview of the TI-74 BASICALC Pocket Computer that was just posted over on the Calculator Culture YouTube channel. Antony also has a lot of other excellent videos about programmable/business calculators and pocket computers on his channel including a number of HP models.

TI-74 BASICALC Pocket Computer Video - Calculator Culture
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2022, 10:04 AM
RE: Video posted about the TI-74 BASICALC Pocket Computer
This video states that values cannot be returned from a subprogram using scalar variables and the example program shown uses a one element array to get around this limitation.

Well my TI-74 (ser.no. 9193619) does return values in scalar variables, i.e. they are passed by reference. If you want to use "by value" put the variable in parentheses in the call statement.

Brian
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2022, 11:19 AM
RE: Video posted about the TI-74 BASICALC Pocket Computer
(07-17-2022 10:04 AM)Hollerith Wrote:  This video states that values cannot be returned from a subprogram using scalar variables and the example program shown uses a one element array to get around this limitation.

Well my TI-74 (ser.no. 9193619) does return values in scalar variables, i.e. they are passed by reference. If you want to use "by value" put the variable in parentheses in the call statement.

Brian

Brian,

Good catch! I think the following pages from the TI-74 Programming Reference Guide explain the process you describe.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)