HP-35s Programming
07-24-2022, 09:35 AM
HP-35s Programming
40 year HP-41 user... purchased a HP-35s. Trying to display text with variable and have variable in the x register to work on it. I see that flag 10 and pressing "EQN" might allow text typing, but how do I select the pink alpha characters to do so? When I type "L" after "EQN:" I get "^". Please provide "dummy" key press programming instructions, rather than just what I see in examples like "NUMBER IS" ( i.e. what key presses does it take in writing the program to display the text with variable). Also, when my program is stopped (R/S) to show the value at a point in my program, the value displayed is NOT in the x register, so I must "RCL" it to work on that variable. How do I place it in "x" and show it with the text, such that I can just multiply it, divide it or replace it with another number?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2022, 12:46 PM
RE: HP-35s Programming
Hello!

(07-24-2022 09:35 AM)ruyes Wrote:  Also, when my program is stopped (R/S) to show the value at a point in my program, the value displayed is NOT in the x register, so I must "RCL" it to work on that variable. How do I place it in "x" and show it with the text, such that I can just multiply it, divide it or replace it with another number?

Not sure what the exact problem is, but if you want to show the value of a varibale in a stopped program you can use the "VIEW" instruction (in my version of the user guide it is described on page 13-15 or page number 197 in the pdf document).

If you want to copy the value displayed with "VIEW" into the X register you have to press Enter before continuing the program.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
07-27-2022, 05:52 PM
RE: HP-35s Programming
I haven't done any 35S programming in a while, but I believe you press RCL before each key to put a letter into freeform text. A little clumsy, but you probably won't be entering enormous messages on this model anyway.

For your second question, I think the INPUT command might do what you're interested in. This behaves sort of like VIEW, but it also puts the variable into the X register, and when you press R/S, it places the new X register contents back into the variable (or you can just press R/S without entering/calculating anything to keep the current value).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)