pyILPER 1.8.6b2 with Qt6 support, volunteers needed
08-01-2022, 12:48 PM
pyILPER 1.8.6b2 with Qt6 support, volunteers needed
I'd like to make aware of the second beta of pyILPER 1.8.6, which was released recently. This version provides compatibility with the old Qt5 GUI-Toolkit (PyQt5 bindings) and the new Qt6 GUI-Toolkit (Pyside6 bindings) in a single source.

This step was necessary to ensure the future viability of pyILPER.

pyILPER will continue to ensure compatibility with Qt5.9 which is the GUI-Toolkit provided by the Anaconda/Miniconda environment as long it is reasonable and possible. I don't have information when a switch to Qt6 will happen in Anaconda/Miniconda. But I noticed, that they are setting up a repository for native Apple M1 support, which is only possible using Qt6.

I would be very happy if volunteers could test this beta in daily use in a Qt5 and, if possible, in a Qt6 environment (see below). Since changes are only related to the user interface, I don't expect problems with the core functionality.

If you would like to test the beta please proceed as described in the chapter Installation of beta or development versions of the pyILPER installation instructions.

Beta versions use a separate set of configuration files. You can easily copy the configuration of your production version with the -cc command line option.

The above chapter Installation with Qt6 and PIP describes how to set up a Qt6 environment. Please note that this is only likely to be successful for the latest operating systems.

This release provides minor bug fixes and improvements, see the release notes for details.

Best wishes
Joachim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)