Quick Hex to Dec or Bin conversions.
08-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Quick Hex to Dec or Bin conversions.
I got an old Casio Fx-115D yesterday, BaseN mode makes it very quick and easy to convert between Bases. Is there a similar quick and easy way to convert between bases on the HP Prime?

Typing a number in in DEC mode, then pressing Hex to convert to Hex immediately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2022, 06:49 PM
RE: Quick Hex to Dec or Bin conversions.
You can select the number you want to convert and then use the shifted key 'Base' (shift minus) to get to the 'Edit Integer' dialog.

— Ian Abbott
08-26-2022, 07:07 PM
You can also use the Base48 app for a quick and easy way to convert between bases and do logical operations as on the HP-48.
12-25-2023, 10:38 PM
(08-26-2022 11:19 AM)matalog Wrote:  I got an old Casio Fx-115D yesterday, BaseN mode makes it very quick and easy to convert between Bases. Is there a similar quick and easy way to convert between bases on the HP Prime?

Typing a number in in DEC mode, then pressing Hex to convert to Hex immediately.

Hi Matalog
2nd base, 2nd base (2 times) open's up an "hiden" APP for me.
In German "Ganzzahl Bearbeiten".

Regards,
Tschumi
12-25-2023, 10:44 PM
(12-25-2023 10:38 PM)Tschumi81 Wrote:  
(08-26-2022 11:19 AM)matalog Wrote:  I got an old Casio Fx-115D yesterday, BaseN mode makes it very quick and easy to convert between Bases. Is there a similar quick and easy way to convert between bases on the HP Prime?

Hi Matalog

Regards,
Tschumi

Yes Tschumi, thanks, I also have that 'Hidden App' :-D. It's the Integer Edit window and it should open with 2nd Base alone, but it seems flawed. I am currently asking about it in a recent post on this forum :-).

I like the window and can handle it's method of usage, but it seems harder to access than it should be!

Happy Xmas.
12-26-2023, 06:47 PM
(12-25-2023 10:44 PM)matalog Wrote:  
(12-25-2023 10:38 PM)Tschumi81 Wrote:  Hi Matalog

Regards,
Tschumi

Yes Tschumi, thanks, I also have that 'Hidden App' :-D. It's the Integer Edit window and it should open with 2nd Base alone, but it seems flawed. I am currently asking about it in a recent post on this forum :-).

I like the window and can handle it's method of usage, but it seems harder to access than it should be!

Happy Xmas.

Thanks Matalog, I checked now. The fastest way is to write it into the register and then open the Base with 2nd Base (for me). Once open, you're fast re-enter.

#255d or #15o Enter 2nd Base. If the register is empty, it writes a '#'.

Thank you for the whishes!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)