Plotting BITAND
08-27-2022, 08:35 AM
Plotting BITAND
I was attempting to see the change of X with BITAND(X,15) so I plotted it in Function app, Y=BITAND(X,15). It doesn't show in the plotting window, it is possible that some of the points show, but they are not easy to see, and I don't think many do show.

If I go to Num view, all of the integer numbers are there to see. Num and Plot setup with 1 as Tick and Step.

Why will that not plot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: Plotting BITAND
They are there, it's just hard to see them. If you go to page 2 of the plot settings and turn off Axes, Grid Dots, and Grid Lines, then look real hard, you will see little dots.

-road
08-27-2022, 12:37 PM
Is there no way to join points together with lines to make them visible?
08-27-2022, 06:48 PM
(08-27-2022 12:37 PM)matalog Wrote:  Is there no way to join points together with lines to make them visible?

No, because if the points were connected, the graph would be false. But you can modify the function to make some nearby points visible, e.g. BITAND(IP(X),15). Modifying the function to turn the points into cute round dots (or diamonds or something) is left as an exercise for the student.

An alternative approach would be to plot this function as a scatter plot using the statistics app, which does have a "connect the dots" option. Goofy, but it works.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-27-2022, 07:03 PM
As the function is only defined for integers you can also use the Sequence app with U1(1)=1 and U1(N)=BITAND(N,15).
08-29-2022, 12:32 AM
(08-27-2022 07:03 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  As the function is only defined for integers you can also use the Sequence app with U1(1)=1 and U1(N)=BITAND(N,15).

That's perfect, thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)