HP Prime bug report
10-01-2022, 01:26 AM
HP Prime bug report
The people from HP Computers sent me to royal and then royal sent me here. Anyway this is the bug(screenshot in attachment of false results by Prime and correct results by XCAS):

The Prime seems to be failing this two variable linear equation with relatively unusual arguments. But this type of arguments appear regularly when the CAS is used for computational geometry. So it should be fixed.
Another minor bug: just try integrating sqrt(sin(x)^2+cos(x)^2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2022, 10:32 AM
RE: HP Prime bug report
(10-01-2022 01:26 AM)jerryxu Wrote:  The people from HP Computers sent me to royal and then royal sent me here. Anyway this is the bug(screenshot in attachment of false results by Prime and correct results by XCAS):

The Prime seems to be failing this two variable linear equation with relatively unusual arguments. But this type of arguments appear regularly when the CAS is used for computational geometry. So it should be fixed.

Hello, you put the square root sign "sqrt(k2^2+1)" in the second equation as well. The sign "sqrt(k2^2+1)" in the second equation is not present in the system of equations written in xCAS. See Attachment. Furthermore, the integral of "sqrt(sin(x)^2+cos(x)^2)" is naturally equal to "x", since sin(x)^2+cos(x)^2 = 1

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-01-2022, 10:36 AM
RE: HP Prime bug report
(10-01-2022 01:26 AM)jerryxu Wrote:  The people from HP Computers sent me to royal and then royal sent me here. Anyway this is the bug(screenshot in attachment of false results by Prime and correct results by XCAS):

Sorry, my mistake: actually the bugs just seem present. I rewrote the equation in a wrong way. Sorry again!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)