Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS
10-11-2022, 04:17 AM
Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS
Hello,
I premise that I am new to this world that I am trying my hand at and should be a part of in the next few years.
I have a Casio fx-CG50 graphing calculator on which I have xCas installed .
However, I was looking for a program that would show me all the steps of solving various math problems (e.g., equations), as I believe a real cas is.
Is there by any chance any way to display the solving steps with xCas, otherwise is there any other program that has this function?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2022, 01:17 PM
RE: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS
AFAIK, no cas shows the steps to solving a problem. They simply solve things symbolically as opposed to numerically.
10-13-2022, 05:14 PM
It is interesting that an early Casio CAS calculator, the Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus (the Plus indicated the CAS version), included an Algebra tutor menu option showing step-by-step solutions for some algebraic operations.
10-13-2022, 08:02 PM
(10-13-2022 01:17 PM)KeithB Wrote:  AFAIK, no cas shows the steps to solving a problem. They simply solve things symbolically as opposed to numerically.

What about the step-by-step option in the HP 49/50 CAS? It shows the result a step at a time, although it doesn't explain what rule was used at each step like some of the online services do.

— Ian Abbott
10-17-2022, 07:08 PM
HP-40gs offers step by step solution also - chapter 16 in the UG.
10-20-2022, 12:45 AM
I use Wolfram Alpha Pro - it does step by step workings - obviously it’s only used to check step workings agree with what you’ve already done by hand!

Denny Tuckerman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)