Bricked HP Prime G1 Revision A
10-17-2022, 04:17 AM
Bricked HP Prime G1 Revision A
I'm not sure why my Gen 1 Revision A Prime won't work, reason why I'm turning to you smarter folks here. A friend of mine purchased about 2 dozens of these about a year ago, as is. A few of them just needed battery, some wouldn't turn on at all (the screen would quickly flash to then immediately turn off), others like mine wouldn't fully boot.

Perhaps some hardware failure??? I flashed pretty much all older firmware from way back, 2013 to 2021. The flash is always successful but the Prime still goes into bootloop.

Here is video showing the firmware flash: https:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbt6auAhibc

I flashed it with and without the battery inserted, different computers, different cables, which wasn't really necessary, but I wanted to be thorough.

Though I was intrigued to see recovery mode version V16, as my other Primes are on V13 I believe. Perhaps reverting to V13 if possible, could make a change.....

Anyways, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I don't have much hope, but there are very knowledge folks here, so I'm all ears. Thank you so very much for your time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2022, 02:42 PM
RE: Bricked HP Prime G1 Revision A
Maybe a bad NAND chip? It's hard to tell...

If you're willing to open up the calculator, you could connect into the UART TX pad and see if the calculator says something interesting.
10-19-2022, 10:49 AM
RE: Bricked HP Prime G1 Revision A
(10-18-2022 02:42 PM)Jean-Baptiste Boric Wrote:  Maybe a bad NAND chip? It's hard to tell...

If you're willing to open up the calculator, you could connect into the UART TX pad and see if the calculator says something interesting.

I'm unfortunately not all that technical. Though I had already opened it up to make sure the cables were secure. I'll just keep it for parts for when I ever need to swap something, or let it sit till someone more technical encounters the same issue, fixes it and hopefully share the solution in a How-to post. Thank you so very much for the suggestion nevertheless.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)