Solve & Integrate from the other guys
11-10-2022, 02:30 AM
Solve & Integrate from the other guys
Hi all.

So, now that the big three (not NBC, CBS, and ABC) have their own Solve & Integate functions, do HP calcs still hold the superior methodologies?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2022, 02:51 AM
RE: Solve & Integrate from the other guys
The TI integration methodology handles convergent examples with discontinuities while the CASIO’s often require dividing the integration into 2 integrals or integrating from the offending limit plus/minus 1E-12. The HP 35S can handle discontinuities, but in order to complete the integration in a reasonable time (without breaking into multiple integrals), an epsilon of .01 or .001 helps on many examples. One thing I like on the HP is that a correct fraction is often supplied when asked for when using an epsilon of only 1E-04 or 1E-05. The TI and CASIO will not convert to a fraction if even a hidden digit beyond the 9th decimal shown disagrees with the 12 digit fraction representation.
11-10-2022, 02:55 AM
The CASIO fx-991EX and more sophisticated CASIO’s will almost always show a result accurate to the full display capability. TI is next (HP 35S, if one has the time to wait, can return results accurate to it’s full display). I do like that the HP will display the magnitude of the potential error.
11-10-2022, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2022 07:13 AM by Csaba Tizedes.)
(11-10-2022 02:30 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all.

So, now that the big three (not NBC, CBS, and ABC) have their own Solve & Integate functions, do HP calcs still hold the superior methodologies?

As I can see, most people say, the integration method is the most important question and yes, there are lots of situation IN MATH CLASS when it is important.

In engineering PRACTICE more important, the solver can handle differentiation and integration or not.

Sharps I'm sure not.
The HP35s can't handle.
CASIOs can handle both but without f(), g() and everything is deleted if you exit SOLVE (no need AC or OFF)
TIs can handle everything without limitations.

How much proof you need to see the TI is the best non programmable scientific in PRACTICE if you want quick calculations AND HP35s the 2nd good choice if you use lots of equations and don't want calculus-like things.

BTW a differentiation can be easily implemented on 35s, just check this "How to write differentiation program on-the-go":

Cs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)