SVG image of 12C (or other models)?
11-12-2022, 08:03 AM
SVG image of 12C (or other models)?
Has anyone created an SVG image model of an HP-12C, or any HP calculator? I want to try using scalable graphics in Nonpareil. I'd expect such an image to be somewhat stylized, and not very close to photorealistic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2022, 12:19 PM
RE: SVG image of 12C (or other models)?
(11-12-2022 08:03 AM)brouhaha Wrote:  Has anyone created an SVG image model of an HP-12C, or any HP calculator? I want to try using scalable graphics in Nonpareil. I'd expect such an image to be somewhat stylized, and not very close to photorealistic.

There are some Adobe Illustrator files of SwissMicros' calculators in their "visual assets" repository on GitHub. An online converter could be used to convert them to SVG for use in Inkscape, etc.

— Ian Abbott
11-14-2022, 12:25 AM
(11-12-2022 08:03 AM)brouhaha Wrote:  Has anyone created an SVG image model of an HP-12C, or any HP calculator? I want to try using scalable graphics in Nonpareil. I'd expect such an image to be somewhat stylized, and not very close to photorealistic.

I have some models made in Affinity Designer and exported as svg. I can't attached the file here. Where can I send it to?
11-14-2022, 08:20 PM
(11-14-2022 12:25 AM)agarza Wrote:  

I have some models made in Affinity Designer and exported as svg. I can't attached the file here. Where can I send it to?

Maybe https://svgur.com/?

— Ian Abbott
11-15-2022, 05:33 PM
(11-13-2022 12:19 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  There are some Adobe Illustrator files of SwissMicros' calculators in their "visual assets" repository on GitHub. An online converter could be used to convert them to SVG for use in Inkscape, etc.

That's pretty cool that they have that available. I was able to view it online, and run it through a converter. The SVG from the converter looked OK, other than the colors being wrong, but looking at the SVG in an editor revealed that it would be difficult for me to use programmatically, because it wasn't designed for that purpose. There's no licensing information provided by SwissMicros, and I doubt they'd be happy with my appropriating their artwork. I could ask them, but I'd rather start with something closer to the original 12C and with identifiable elements in the SVG.

I think I've found someone who can create a new 12C SVG from scratch for me, for a fairly nominal fee.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)