Firmware upgrade
11-25-2022, 12:27 AM
Firmware upgrade
This may have been covered already but I couldn't find anything, so here goes...

Many moons ago I read many horror stories of upgrades gone bad and people losing their calculators. Every time I connect my Prime to the CK it asks me if I want to upgrade and I always decline, having those horror stories in the back of my mind.

So the question is: At this date, is the current firmware upgrade safe? I have but one Prime and can't afford another.

Thanks

Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2022, 12:42 AM
RE: Firmware upgrade
(11-25-2022 12:27 AM)forexbob Wrote:  This may have been covered already but I couldn't find anything, so here goes...

Many moons ago I read many horror stories of upgrades gone bad and people losing their calculators. Every time I connect my Prime to the CK it asks me if I want to upgrade and I always decline, having those horror stories in the back of my mind.

So the question is: At this date, is the current firmware upgrade safe? I have but one Prime and can't afford another.

Thanks

Bob

It may or may not update properly, depending on which version(s) of f/w and ConnKit you have installed. Foolproof versions of these (and the virtual calculator) have not yet been released so I would stay with what you have for the time being. We're all hoping for a Prime f/w Christmas Present....

--Bob Prosperi
11-25-2022, 12:48 AM
(11-25-2022 12:42 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(11-25-2022 12:27 AM)forexbob Wrote:  This may have been covered already but I couldn't find anything, so here goes...

Thanks

Bob

It may or may not update properly, depending on which version(s) of f/w and ConnKit you have installed. Foolproof versions of these (and the virtual calculator) have not yet been released so I would stay with what you have for the time being. We're all hoping for a Prime f/w Christmas Present....

Thanks Bob
12-26-2022, 03:14 AM
No upgrade yet
12-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Evidently so. I am honestly rather disappointed by the pace at which the FW development is going. Back in September, they promised that it would be released within a few weeks. Since then, it's been almost 4 months...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)