HP-67 & Normal Distribution Integral
11-28-2022, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2022 02:20 AM by Gene.)
HP-67 & Normal Distribution Integral
Hi all.

Yeah. I know. At the time, Normal Distribution and Inverse ND was calculated using constants.

Since the 67 had 224 steps, why wasn’t it possible for the 67, to have a Trapezoidal or Simpson’s routine program with the ND function as the subroutine?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2022, 08:08 AM
RE: HP-67 & Normal Distribution Integral
I do not think that this is a problem in principle. In the HP 67/97 Math Pac listing there is as well a program for numerical integration. I think that it is a matter of time and convenience. If the approximation is exact to E-4 this is totally sufficient and it is much faster than numeric integration with the same accuracy.
11-29-2022, 08:46 PM
RE: HP-67 & Normal Distribution Integral
(11-29-2022 08:08 AM)rawi Wrote:  I do not think that this is a problem in principle. In the HP 67/97 Math Pac listing there is as well a program for numerical integration. I think that it is a matter of time and convenience. If the approximation is exact to E-4 this is totally sufficient and it is much faster than numeric integration with the same accuracy.

Good point.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)