DE, FR, IT 30X Pro Math Print. No Comprende??
12-08-2022, 08:49 PM
DE, FR, IT 30X Pro Math Print. No Comprende??
My newborn just arrived from overseas. Maybe it’s an indication that the calc’s errors messages and the dialogue boxes aren’t in English. Should I return it?

If not, do I have a setup option to change the language? But then, if this is also any indication, the keycaps and second functions are in English. So, I would see alerts & other screen text in English. Another thing is the back of the package gives bullet points in Italian, French, and Dutch (?).

So, before I open it, has anyone who has a 30X Pro MathPrint received theirs with similar packaging. If so, what did you do with it? If you kept it, was it usable in English. If it was necessary, how did you change the language?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2022, 09:02 PM
RE: DE, FR, IT 30X Pro Math Print. No Comprende??
Hello!

(12-08-2022 08:49 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  So, before I open it, has anyone who has a 30X Pro MathPrint received theirs with similar packaging.

According to my E-Mail history I bought one of those from eBay in december 2018 for 1 Euro plus 3 Euros shipping. I do not remember the least little bit about it, my guess is therefore that it must still be in it's original packaging. If you give me a couple of days I will try and find it (I'm a bit of a messy collector).

On the other hand, why not make something out of it and learn a foreign language? I just returned from my weekly French lesson. It is never too late and French is much more useful than Ti's way to handle squares of negative numbers ;-)

Regards
Max
12-08-2022, 09:08 PM
Don't worry, the calculator itself is all in English. The printed manual might not include English.

— Ian Abbott
12-08-2022, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2022 09:13 PM by jhallen.)
I have one, the calculator's messages are all in English even though the packaging is localized.

For some confidence: here is the French manual, it doesn't show any French on the screen:

https://education.ti.com/en-AU/guidebook...E/30xpromv

See especially page 71: English names for constants on the screen even though the manual has them in French.
12-08-2022, 10:12 PM
Hi all.

It’s all good. I took the risk and just cut that baby up.
The packaging is now a ripped-up mess in the recycle bin, but the calc is in perfect shape. Yes, after playing around with it, it talks to me in English.

Good thing I fiddled around with the downloadable English manual a while ago.
12-10-2022, 02:32 PM
I have 2 of these one from France and one from Germany (in German pack), both are in English

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)