WANTED: HP-46
12-20-2022, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2022 10:00 PM by GanjaTron.)
WANTED: HP-46
It's a long shot, but... subject is self-explanatory. Based in Europe but will consider overseas shipping.

Had one of these clackety-clackety printing beauties on my desk until a few years ago, when I (stupidly) sold it off due to lack of use. Boy, do I regret that! :^(

Thx & happy holidays,

--Roland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: WANTED: HP-46
(12-20-2022 09:59 PM)GanjaTron Wrote:  It's a long shot, but... subject is self-explanatory. Based in Europe but will consider overseas shipping.

Had one of these clackety-clackety printing beauties on my desk until a few years ago, when I (stupidly) sold it off due to lack of use. Boy, do I regret that! :^(

Thx & happy holidays,

--Roland

I have one that I would consider to sell but:

* it has no display option
* it does not print correctly.

I think I have the matching cloth or vinyl cover for it but no carrying case, manual, etc.

I suppose it needs some mechanical work (or at least lubrication) of the printing mechanism (for which I have not found time yet).

The machine is based in Vienna, Austria.

As it is probably impossible to find an Option 001 display board I thought recreating the display (maybe with modern means) might be an interesting electronics project. Kees van Sanden has a close-up picture but I have not found a full schematic or description of the protocol.

I can make some pictures if required but not before Christmas.

I don't really know what to ask for it, so any opinions on what might be a fair price are welcome.
12-23-2022, 01:31 PM
RE: WANTED: HP-46
Hi Siegfried,

many thanks for your reply. Mine had the Option 001 display (which I didn't realise _was_ optional at the time), and the printing mechanism was noisy too; worn motor bearings appear to be a common issue with these. I found the service manual, but as you point out, it lacks the display board schematics. Recreating that would indeed be a very ambitious project, and an original spare board is no doubt pure Unobtainium.

I have no clue what these go for nowadays either. And no rush with the pix. I'll get back to you after Xmas. Meanwhile, I wish you -- and everyone here -- happy holidays and all the best for the new year!

Best regards,

--Roland

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)