How to scroll output window further?
12-22-2022, 09:54 AM
How to scroll output window further?
I have written a program on my HP Prime G2. It produces several screens worth of output (via the Print command) which I want to look at. I use the Freeze command and then I can scroll through the output but not all the way to the start of the output. Is there a way I can increase the amount I can scroll through. Thanks![/size]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2022, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2022 12:39 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: How to scroll output window further?
(12-22-2022 09:54 AM)Will Gibson Wrote:  Is there a way I can increase the amount I can scroll through. Thanks!

This is possible with the Terminal command on the latest versions of the firmware (since 2021).

Terminal(0) will return some of the terminal parameters, the second one being the number of lines, 128 by default.

You can increase the number of lines of the terminal.
For example Terminal(0):={-1,256,-1,-1} will set the number of lines to 256.

See the help for Terminal on the calculator for more details about the Terminal command.
12-22-2022, 07:52 PM
RE: How to scroll output window further?
(12-22-2022 12:39 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  
(12-22-2022 09:54 AM)Will Gibson Wrote:  Is there a way I can increase the amount I can scroll through. Thanks!

This is possible with the Terminal command on the latest versions of the firmware (since 2021).

Terminal(0) will return some of the terminal parameters, the second one being the number of lines, 128 by default.

You can increase the number of lines of the terminal.
For example Terminal(0):={-1,256,-1,-1} will set the number of lines to 256.

See the help for Terminal on the calculator for more details about the Terminal command.

Thanks! I will give that a try when I resume using my G2 (after the Christmas break).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)