JPC Rom version E source code
12-26-2022, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2022 07:58 PM by Janick Taillandier.)
JPC Rom version E source code
We (Pierre David and I) have retrieved form our archive the complete source code of JPC Rom version E, the last version we published around 1989-1990 and released on GitHub: the source code is available here.
This includes the complete documentation for the ROM available in French and English as PDF files.

This ROM for the HP-71B was made from numerous contributions of members from the former PPC Paris club. It is completely written in Saturn assembly language and extends the functionalities of the HP-71B in various areas

We have also released the source code for the areuh assemble/link editor we used to build the ROM here.

Enjoy!

Pierre David and Janick Taillandier
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2022, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2022 09:04 AM by J-F Garnier.)
RE: JPC Rom version E source code
Thanks, Pierre and Janick, for releasing this source code!

Pierre and Janick were the driving force behind the JPC ROM, they contributed to a large part of it and fixed several problems in other parts of the code.

This release was a (good) surprise to me, because I thought the original JPC ROM source files were definitively lost, so I'm really very happy to see them now, even if it's quite late.

As many of you know, I rebuilt the JPC ROM source files in 2005-2006 but the version E source files were missing a large part of the graphic function code.
Since then, I'm maintaining the JPC ROM version F (a merge of the unofficial version X of Rodger Rosenbaum and of this version E w/o the graphic and editor features).

I don't plan to update my version F source files immediately, but having the version E commented sources will be very helpful and new functional extensions may now be considered.
Also, the recent attempt of Joachim to rebuild the HP71 "GRAPHIC module" will now be much easier !

I may comment more when I will have explored the source files more in details.

J-F
[Janick is using the "JPC Rom" naming used at the time - it's not a typo - but I'm now following the today's widely accepted "JPC ROM" form.]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)