Casio S100 "The Special One"
12-27-2022, 09:17 AM
Casio S100 "The Special One"
While on vacation in Tokyo last week, i visited a Yodobashi-Camera store and of course checked the calculators department to see what they had in store those days.

Unfortunately there was no more scientific "pocket computers" marvels besides the updated with color touch screens typical Japanese dictionaries... sad.

But i bumped into something worth mentioning here. Apologize if someone already talked about it on this forum.

A "Luxury" Casio 4 banger !
The S100 and S200 "The Special One"
All metal construction, double shot-dome keys and a spectacular LCD screen (the best i ever saw), and 100% Made in Japan.

S200 seems to be identical besides a gold coating. It was not on display.

S100 was on display and i could play a bit with it, and quality feeling was just great.
Yodobashi asking price was @ 29 700 JPY (10% VAT included) (minus the usual 10% in value points on their customer card that you can use on your next day purchase) ~210€ ~$223 actual rate

Hereby the link to the Casio site : https://web.casio-intl.com/asia/en/calc/sp/s100/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2022, 10:55 AM
RE: Casio S100 "The Special One"
This would be the most beautiful and my favorite paperweight ☺️

HP-12C Gold / HP-12C Platinum
12-27-2022, 12:43 PM
The specification page is an interesting read, particularly the key design. Key functions (Tax, Exchange Rate, Double Zero) target the small shop owner?

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
12-27-2022, 02:21 PM
(12-27-2022 09:17 AM)Chr Yoko Wrote:  Apologize if someone already talked about it on this forum.

There's no good reason for it, but it's been mentioned:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)