Looking for a HP 41cx programer
08-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Looking for a HP 41cx programer
I have a number of 41cx calculators that I need a program loaded on. I don't know how to do it. I have the program printed out on a 1 page document and i am will to hire someone to load the program for me. if you are interested send an e-mail to bobs@cashco.com
Thank you
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Looking for a HP 41cx programer
(08-07-2014 06:08 PM)Bobs Wrote:  I have a number of 41cx calculators that I need a program loaded on. I don't know how to do it. I have the program printed out on a 1 page document and i am will to hire someone to load the program for me. if you are interested send an e-mail to bobs@cashco.com
Thank you
Bob

There's hundreds people here that could do what you want but they're spread all over the planet. Because of the unique history of the 41 you might still find one in low earth orbit occasionally. If you are stuck on hiring someone you should say what geographical area you are in. You might find a neighbour.

Really though; the 41 is easy to enter programs into and if you're going to use these you'd be a leg up by knowing how. Most programs can be improved or tweaked for individual applications. I guess you've noticed that. We can help you learn to do the first one. That's historically what this forum is for. Then you could find someone with a mass storage device to copy the others.

BTW: What are you programming a fleet of 41s for? Me, I think they're perfect but many folks think they're outdated.
08-07-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm in Ellsworth Kansas I have been trying to program them myself but someof the functions are hard to understand. I got hung up
08-08-2014, 12:36 AM
(08-07-2014 07:29 PM)Bobs Wrote:  I'm in Ellsworth Kansas I have been trying to program them myself but someof the functions are hard to understand. I got hung up
The following might be of help:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/prog/hp41prog.htm

(Courtesy of our host)
08-08-2014, 06:18 AM
(08-08-2014 12:36 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 07:29 PM)Bobs Wrote:  I'm in Ellsworth Kansas I have been trying to program them myself but someof the functions are hard to understand. I got hung up
The following might be of help:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/prog/hp41prog.htm

(Courtesy of our host)

Not to mention all relevant manuals. :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2014, 05:22 AM
(08-07-2014 06:08 PM)Bobs Wrote:  I have a number of 41cx calculators that I need a program loaded on. I don't know how to do it. I have the program printed out on a 1 page document and i am will to hire someone to load the program for me. if you are interested send an e-mail to bobs@cashco.com
Thank you
Bob

If you have a bar code reader, then that might be your easiest option for loading the program into multiple calculators. There are several programs available for creating HP41 bar codes from text files.
08-09-2014, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:25 AM by Garth Wilson.)
(08-09-2014 05:22 AM)rwiker Wrote:  If you have a bar code reader, then that might be your easiest option for loading the program into multiple calculators. There are several programs available for creating HP41 bar codes from text files.
http://rwiker.github.io/hp41barcode/ (online bar-code generation)
http://download.michael-goericke.de/hp41/FocalComp.zip
http://id-phy.orgfree.com/HP41/HP41_Prog...41BarCodes
I have not tried any of these, but the first one looks easiest.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
08-14-2014, 01:41 PM
It took a while but I figured it out. I had a few entrys wrong but when I corrected them the program run fine. Thanks for your help
Bob
08-14-2014, 09:04 PM
(08-14-2014 01:41 PM)Bobs Wrote:  It took a while but I figured it out. I had a few entrys wrong but when I corrected them the program run fine. Thanks for your help
Bob
Congrats. Now you can start "improving" it.
08-14-2014, 11:25 PM
(08-14-2014 01:41 PM)Bobs Wrote:  I had a few entrys wrong but when I corrected them the program run fine.
Bob - Why don't you share this mysterious program with us so we can help you 'improve' it? We need to close the loop here ;-)

Jeff
08-15-2014, 01:24 PM
This program calculates the flow coefficient using pressure drop and flow. It basically calculates the Cv of an application. Used a lot when selecting a Valve or regulator for a process application. I'd be happy to share it how do you attach a PDF to one of these posts?
Bob
08-15-2014, 03:03 PM
(08-15-2014 01:24 PM)Bobs Wrote:  I'd be happy to share it how do you attach a PDF to one of these posts?

There is an "Attachment" section below the text box you write in when you respond. Just click on the Choose File button.

Jeff
08-15-2014, 03:34 PM
here it is

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Sizing program.pdf (Size: 36.85 KB / Downloads: 66)
08-16-2014, 09:36 AM
dare i say it, if you are needing a number of people to use the program, it may be expedient to translate it onto cheaper and more readily available hardware? an example may be casio's fx-5800.

please do forgive me my heresy!!

rob :-)
08-16-2014, 11:06 AM
(08-16-2014 09:36 AM)robert rozee Wrote:  dare i say it, if you are needing a number of people to use the program, it may be expedient to translate it onto cheaper and more readily available hardware? an example may be casio's fx-5800.

please do forgive me my heresy!!

rob :-)

No translation needed since we have plenty of emulators on many different platforms. ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)