HP50g Connectivity Kit Issue
01-21-2023, 09:56 PM
HP50g Connectivity Kit Issue
Anyone else having recent problems after the latest batch of Win 10 updates with the conn kit?

A couple months back I had gone through all the hoops of getting it to work (installing the unsigned drivers, etc, etc...), but now anytime I try to initiate connection it fails at some point in the process leaving a "$$$t" file on the calculator. I have tried about everything I can think of, but to no avail. Perhaps I will just learn to use the SD card for most transfers, which I suspect many members are already doing...

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2023, 10:31 PM
RE: HP50g Connectivity Kit Issue
For what it's worth, my 50g connects just fine using the 50g Connectivity Kit, AKA "Conn4x", Version 2.3, Build 2439. I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.2486.

Pardon the obvious question, but is your 50g set to USB and Kermit? (APPS 2 ENTER 5 ENTER).

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2023, 01:57 AM
RE: HP50g Connectivity Kit Issue
Obvious questions fine, this thing has been surprising me (mostly with functionality) for a decade now.

Yes, it defaults to Kermit whenever I go to that mode. I can change it to Xmodem but then when I exit the screen and come back, it is back to Kermit. The Connkit documentation echoes this process (and the result). IOPAR appears unaffected. I had gone through this process yesterday, and also made sure IOPAR had zeroes in the right places (if that makes a difference). Nothing made a difference, unless I am missing or overlooking something...

In the past I had always just used right-shift, release, right-arrow, and connected through the Connkit 'Auto' setting. I'm not sure I was ever able to use the 'USB' option, even though I am using a usb cable.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)