HELP - mViewer GX2 HP Prime G2
02-24-2023, 06:01 PM
HELP - mViewer GX2 HP Prime G2
Hi

First post, so hi to all

I am looking how to put pdf's, images and notes n=onto my new calculator.
I had seen an older post mentioning mViewer GX2, and was wondering if this still works with the latest OS and software. (my calculator is brand new)

Or, are there other programs out there that can do the same, or better?

While I can search for answers, i hve done for a while, but not really found much (or im looking in the wrong place)

does anyone know if this works on the latest version?
Can anyone offer advice on how to install and get this (or something similar) up and running on my G2 calculator.

I'd like to add pdf files, about 150 pages, but split into different topics ranging from 15-30 pages each.

Any help apprecaited.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2023, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2023 01:04 PM by critor.)
RE: HELP - mViewer GX2 HP Prime G2
Hello.

Since the HP Prime firmware got no major update in the last 21 months (just a single very minor update 14 months ago), it should still work.

You just need to convert your document online :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/editgx.php?mode=46

You'll get a .zip file including one or several HP Prime applications (*.hpappdir.zip files) and you just need to transfer those.

The default behaviour is to split the document by groups of 20 pages (1 app for each 20 pages range), but this can be changed.
The split is just for technical reasons (too big apps won't work) and is totally transparent, the launched app will automatically launched one of the other apps when needed (if the next/asked page isn't available in the current app).
02-27-2023, 11:08 AM
(02-26-2023 01:02 PM)critor Wrote:  Hello.

Since the HP Prime firmware got no major update in the last 21 months (just a single very minor update 14 months ago), it should still work.

You just need to convert your document online :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/editgx.php?mode=46

You'll get a .zip file including one or several HP Prime applications (*.hpappdir.zip files) and you just need to transfer those.

The default behaviour is to split the document by groups of 20 pages (1 app for each 20 pages range), but this can be changed.
The split is just for technical reasons (too big apps won't work) and is totally transparent, the launched app will automatically launched one of the other apps when needed (if the next/asked page isn't available in the current app).

Hi

Thanks for the information
OK, i used your advice, and converted the pdf files using that link. It gave me 10 files, 1 file was the hpappdir file, and the rest were zip files. None of the zip files were over 2mb in size. during the process i could see the pdfs on the right hand side, and the main picture of the pdfs cycling through them all. Now, i next downloaded the files individually at the bottom of the screen (is this correct, or should i have clicked the green download button at the top right?)

SO, now i have the files. Next step is to get them to the calculator. I read some website that said the hpappdir needed to be dragged to the 'applications folder', but no mention of where to drag the zip files too.
Also dragging the hpappdir file to applications folder on the HP connectivity Kit did nothing, in fact, the HP connectivity kit is now occasionally not responding , and have had a warning to delete it, and redownload it.
Now, while i may take the HP advice warning and re download the HP connectivity Kit, i am still at a loss as to where to put the files i created using the link you kindly provided.
Could you assist me in explaining the steps to get them to the calculator please.
Also, hopefully once they are across to the calculator, how do i view them?

I had read elsewhere before you replied to my post, about converting the pdf's to PNG or JPEG format, and send as image, to be viewed that way. Again, this is something i don't know how to do (I've already converted some of the pdf's to PNG, rather than jpeg as i wanted to keep the quality as some of the pdf's have hand written sections that haven't scanned well and are slightly faded)

While i don't want to take anyone's time, it would be greatly appreciated to be shown how to do this correctly, not just for my benefit, but it will mean i can also help others if similar posts appear on here, by explaining my experience)

If it helps, i could provide the link to the converted files and maybe someone can check that it has been done correctly?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your previous reply

Will wait to hear back, and if you want the link to the files i created on the website

rgds
02-28-2023, 02:44 PM
You just need to drag the .hpappdir.zip files to the calculator.

I don't think the selected folder matters, but the appropriate one is the applications folder.
03-03-2023, 05:57 PM
hi

ok, so i have been trying to produce a set of files from this program.
I have 9 pdf files, each ranging in sizes from 15 to 27 pages each.
When i add each pdf, and select pages 1 - whatever, it doesnt make a difference.
If i set the box to how many pages per file to the highest of my pdf files (27 pages), then add all 9 files to the list, type in the row pages 1 - whatever, it still just spits out files that are 27 pages long each, meaning the original pdf's are mixed up with each other.

If i set the 'pages per file' to 0, does this have an effect of voiding this section, and then going by the information of the pages i enter in the row, from page 1 to whatever, for each pdf file i add? Or not.
Originally i left it set to 'pages per file' at 20, then added extra rows for the 9 pdf files i have, and adjusted the section 'from/to page' as 1 to whatever (how ever many pages were in each particular pdf file, and again, it mixed the files together.

It seems th only function working is the 'pages per file' section which is really messing up my conversions.

Unless someone knows otherwise, i suspect i will have to try and perform 1 pdf at a time, leaving me with 9 separate 'apps' to produce and place on calculator.

Anyone done it this way, or had the same above issues? Will the individual 'apps' cause any issues, or will it simply just mean a bit more clutter on the calculator screen?

thanks in advance
03-04-2023, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2023 08:10 PM by critor.)
If you convert several pdf files together, their content is just appended.

An easy workaround would be to edit your pdf to insert blank pages (which can be done very quickly using online pdf tools), so that each different document will start at a page number multiple of 27.

Another one is to generate blank pdf files of 1 to several pages and add them between your document pdf files on the converter page.

Another workaround is to convert your pdf files one by one, and getting one app per pdf file.

With 150 pages you'll probably end up with different apps on the home screen anyway. Because HP Prime apps have a size limit (if I remember well it's around ~6M).
Bigger apps won't work.

Feel free to share your document to info@tiplanet.org if you need some additional help.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)