Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator
03-10-2023, 04:52 PM
Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator
Yes, I'm still kicking. Smile

I've been using the go41cx for years. It's my go-to calculator. But I haven't used overlays in years. I think the last time I tried was on my Galaxy 6 or so. There was a trick to get the IMPORT to work. But that no longer works.

So, I'm back again to ask the experts.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. The go41cx works great on it. But I'll be dang if I can figure out how to import anything. There used to be an import function, that I could access with a MENU button on my phone. But the menu function doesn't give me any options for the go41cx.

I have gone to Oliver De Smit's page and followed the instructions, about locating the file area for the go41cx, using the file manager he recommends. I have found the location. There are no files, in the files folder. That's probably normal, since I haven't used this for the last 10 upgrades to my phone.

I can add files to the file folder, or sub-folders. But I still see no way to import them. All that show up when I use the LOAD function are what I think might be default installed overlays. Doubtful they were something I installed because I haven't installed any for years.

Two questions:
1) are overlays placed in an Overlay folder, under files? (specific name of folder)
2) How do I access the IMPORT function? I see it nowhere on the calculator.

Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2023, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2023 10:21 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator
To import an overlay press the left side of the lcd display, and press Config.
Then press Overlay twice in the bottom right corner, this will bring a pop up menu.

The files should be placed in Android>data>o2s.emul.hp41cx>files

(edited to fix a typo)
03-12-2023, 08:13 PM
RE: Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator
(03-11-2023 04:36 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  To import an overlay press the left side of the lcd display, and press Config.
Then press Overlay twice in the bottom right corner, this will bring a pop up menu.

The files should be placed in Android>data>o2s.emul.hp41cx>files

(edited to fix a typo)

Thanks. My first mistake was that I had a backup folder on my SD card and was moving files there, thinking it was the go41cx location for files.

It also looks like IMPORT is no longer needed. Double clicking brings up LOAD but not IMPORT. Merely moving an overlay to the "files" is all that's necessary. MANUAL import. Correct?

Anyway, I did a simple test and can get overlays from the zip file to the files folder. It's a little tricky, using another folder and Total Commander. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Total Commander. But I have the info needed to get it to the right place.

I've been using this emulator forever it seems. It's a great calc.

Thanks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)