HP 50 g newbie questions
03-10-2023, 10:40 PM
HP 50 g newbie questions
I'm a long time HP 11c user. I now need graphing capabilities so I picked-up an HP 50g and need coaching on how to use it. Yes I have accessed youtube.
1. On my home screen, the third item on the menu is "stack" and "sto" is missing. Why is it that way? The manual shows "rcl" in third position and "sto" in fourth position. How do I change it back to "sto" or the original default setting?
2. Since I am on "sto-rcl," does the HP 50g have similar functionality of "sto" - "rcl" as the HP 11c? If so, how do I access this functionality?
Thank-you for the help...willy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2023, 01:31 AM
RE: HP 50 g newbie questions
(03-10-2023 10:40 PM)srfkykr Wrote:  1. On my home screen, the third item on the menu is "stack" and "sto" is missing. Why is it that way? The manual shows "rcl" in third position and "sto" in fourth position. How do I change it back to "sto" or the original default setting?

The RPN-mode TOOL menu is different from the Algebraic-mode TOOL menu. Press MODE, [+/-], ENTER, TOOL, look at the menu, then press those keys again and see the difference.

(03-10-2023 10:40 PM)srfkykr Wrote:  2. Since I am on "sto-rcl," does the HP 50g have similar functionality of "sto" - "rcl" as the HP 11c? If so, how do I access this functionality?

No, STO and RCL on the 50g work differently from the HP-11C, and they work differently on the 50g depending on which mode you're in. If the 50g manual is unclear how to use them, please advise.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)