HP-92 query
03-13-2023, 02:17 AM
HP-92 query
Hi

I am fairly new to the HP-92 and have a few questions please.

Was there only one HP-92 model? Are all units the same, or are there different revisions or models within the HP-92 model?

I notice there isn't really any information out there on these other than the HP Museum here, there is only one video on YouTube, are these units quite rare? They do seem quite expensive when they do appear for sale.

Thanks for any help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2023, 08:44 PM
RE: HP-92 query
Topcats are all getting pretty rare, but even by that standard the 92 is difficult to find, so yes I'd say they are quite rare.

They were only sold for a couple of years, so it's likely there was only one version. But that's just speculation on my part.

Not directly relevant to your specific questions, but...

There's an emulator by Teenix, more information in this thread.

...and some general discussion with interesing links and observations in this thread
03-26-2023, 09:21 PM
Hi Bob

Thank you so much for the information, I have recently purchased a HP-92 and eagerly awaiting for it to arrive. It will go nicely with my HP-12C collection.
03-26-2023, 11:31 PM
Good luck with that 92. I find the function to print the financial registers pretty useful to give a quick snapshot of a problem. And the larger display is better on my old eyes for desktop work than a 12C.

-J
11-04-2023, 04:25 AM
As there isn't a lot of information out there on the HP-92 I thought this would be worth adding to the thread here:

HHC 2023: HP-91 & 92 Desktop Calculators (Jim Johnson)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKi9s66uzs
11-05-2023, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2023 05:51 PM by rprosperi.)
Yes Jim does a good job here.

He used my 91 and 92 models for the talk. :-)

Last year he did a similar talk on the HP-10A which people should watch if interested !

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)