Problems transferring programs to my HP 40gs
03-30-2023, 03:09 PM
Problems transferring programs to my HP 40gs
Hi! I was interested on turning my calculator to a jukebox lately and tried to make a program to play those cool beep sounds. My plan is to write the code on the computer and transfer it back to the HP to save time but when I did the transfer process it doesn't work, and the pop up window just says: "Transfer Failed:". Tried searching for the problem and looking back at the code, nothing goes wrong and the fix is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know how to transfer the file? Got the screenshot and program below (remove.txt).

This is my first post on the forum, forgive me if I made any mistakes!

Attached File(s)
.bmp  image.bmp (Size: 39.15 KB / Downloads: 12)
.txt  hazymoon.txt (Size: 709 bytes / Downloads: 8)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2023, 10:29 PM
RE: Problems transferring programs to my HP 40gs
What program are you using on the PC to send to the calc, please?

(I'm on a Mac so I'll need to run up a virtual machine and install Windows or Linux before I can check anything.)

I seem to recall a driver issue at one point when the switch from RS232 serial to USB happened - you might be hitting that.
03-31-2023, 03:34 AM
Ah, I'm using HP40gs,39G+Calculator Connectivity Kit (or Connex it says). All the aplet transfer is fine, but the programs one seems to be problematic
03-31-2023, 04:35 PM
(03-30-2023 03:09 PM)tramoc_ Wrote:  Hi! I was interested on turning my calculator to a jukebox lately and tried to make a program to play those cool beep sounds. My plan is to write the code on the computer and transfer it back to the HP to save time but when I did the transfer process it doesn't work, and the pop up window just says: "Transfer Failed:". Tried searching for the problem and looking back at the code, nothing goes wrong and the fix is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know how to transfer the file? Got the screenshot and program below (remove.txt).

This is my first post on the forum, forgive me if I made any mistakes!

Questions:

1) I assume that you have the calculator connectivity kit installed correctly, and when you hook the USB cable to the calc you see the PC files, right?
2) Can you transfer FROM the calc TO the PC or do you get a similar error?
3) Do you use USB Disk Drive option when you try to get your program from the PC? And do you see the program right away or do you use "other..." to find it?

If you can send a simple test program from the calc to the PC, then you should try to retrieve the same program. If that works, then you are much closer to the solution.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)