HP-97 mainstream media - Netflix Night Agent Episode 4
03-27-2023, 05:42 AM
HP-97 mainstream media - Netflix Night Agent Episode 4
Netflix released a new FBI/crime drama on March 23rd 2023. In Episode 4 there is a scene at the check-in of a motel - as the scene is ending there is a fleeting glimpse of the check-in desk - showing a typical VoIP-type phone, a computer monitor running Linux, and.... an HP-97 is all it's glory!!!! Even with some paper ejecting from its printer! It does look like the legend on the front of the calculator has been blacked out? Hopefully with something removable!? I think there is a power cable plugged in, too.

In 2023!!! Great to see hotels are still running on mag cards and glowing LEDs !!!

I'd love to meet the props person who said "I've got just the thing for this scene...." LOL

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2023, 12:17 PM
RE: HP-97 mainstream media - Netflix Night Agent Episode 4
The PC running Linux is the giveaway that the scene is entirely fabricated...

--Bob Prosperi
04-02-2023, 05:20 PM
(03-27-2023 05:42 AM)markhen Wrote:  I'd love to meet the props person who said "I've got just the thing for this scene...." LOL

Well they wanted a printing calculator and they just picked the '97 from the pile.

Notice also that the paper has not been installed properly. It looks like they bypassed the print mechanism and jammed the paper against the cover of the paper compartment.

Nice find though.

Cheers

Vassilis
http://www.series80.org
04-02-2023, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2023 05:50 PM by AndiGer.)
(03-27-2023 05:42 AM)markhen Wrote:  and.... an HP-97 is all it's glory!!!! Even with some paper ejecting from its printer! It does look like the legend on the front of the calculator has been blacked out?

I can read „97 calculator“ in the right side of the front of the machine in your pic
:-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)