Woodstock LED display variations?
04-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Woodstock LED display variations?
Just wondering if the Woodstocks use slightly different LED bars.
I've come across 2 varieties: one short and dim, the other tall and bright.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2023, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2023 03:22 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
RE: Woodstock LED display variations?
(04-04-2023 01:50 PM)John Garza (3665) Wrote:  Just wondering if the Woodstocks use slightly different LED bars.
I've come across 2 varieties: one short and dim, the other tall and bright.

And the one on the right also has the triangle decimal point.
Have a look here.
And here.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2023, 03:54 PM
There is also this variant (only one in existence so far, however)

Sight for Sore Eyes

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-04-2023, 06:05 PM
Good info from Panamatik thanks! But they seem to go on about the decimal point, when for me, the more important issue is the larger brighter display. I was spoiled on the classics and I still prefer the classic display that relegates the decimal point to it's own digit so there is no confusion. I find I have to hunt for it on the Woodstocks, esp the ones with the small dim displays. The article mentions 3 types of displays but only makes mention of the decimal point, not the size of the digits. If I knew that, I'd be tempted to buy a few of the better displays and swap them out on my Woodstocks! -J
04-04-2023, 06:26 PM
(04-04-2023 06:05 PM)John Garza (3665) Wrote:  Good info from Panamatik thanks! But they seem to go on about the decimal point, when for me, the more important issue is the larger brighter display. I was spoiled on the classics and I still prefer the classic display that relegates the decimal point to it's own digit so there is no confusion. I find I have to hunt for it on the Woodstocks, esp the ones with the small dim displays. The article mentions 3 types of displays but only makes mention of the decimal point, not the size of the digits. If I knew that, I'd be tempted to buy a few of the better displays and swap them out on my Woodstocks! -J

The one with the triangle dot seems to be the shorter digit version. As far as brightness is concerned it could be possible that there were different kind of LED series, as in the Classics.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2023, 09:37 PM
But is it the 5-07 or 6-05 ? Both have the dot not the comma. So is one perhaps tall, the other short, or a difference in brightness?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)