Handling matrices on home screen hp prime
04-11-2023, 07:02 PM
Handling matrices on home screen hp prime
Hi all, after a hiatus of several years, I'm back once again.
I've recently acquired an hp prime. While it's blazing fast and very powerful, I'm having a bit of difficulty with some of the user interface functionality on this beast...one instance being handling matrices in the HOME screen. I've discovered holding blue shift and double clicking 5 to compose a matrix right on the command line, which is nifty enough. After entering that matrix onto the stack, however, any editing I want to do on it is difficult. I know that selecting it and hitting enter puts it onto the command line in one line form for editing, which is very tedious. Is there not an easy way to put a matrix from the stack into a matrix writer and then back onto the stack? I've tried storing the matrix into one of the "matrix memories" (M0-M9), but the machine does not want to do this from the home screen. I can recall stuff from M0-M9 to the home screen, but not vice-versa. I keep thinking of my 50g's and 48gx's ease of handling, editing, storing and recalling matrices...perhaps this is my downfall. Any insight appreciated. Smile Best regards, Hal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2023, 07:42 PM
RE: Handling matrices on home screen hp prime
Press Shift Matrix
Move blue bar to the Matrix you want to edit.
Press Enter
Now move the blue bar to the element you want to change. Put in the new number and press Enter
Repeat for the other element you want to change.
Press Esc.
If you now go Press Shift Matrix and go to the Matrix you changed everything is changed as you did it.
04-11-2023, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2023 08:00 PM by BruceH.)
(04-11-2023 07:02 PM)halbitton Wrote:  Is there not an easy way to put a matrix from the stack into a matrix writer and then back onto the stack?

When your matrix is the last answer, i.e. is in 'Ans', then press [shift][Matrix] and Ans appears below the M1-M0 list of matrices. (You'll need to scroll up to see it.)
You can then edit the 'Ans' matrix as per the fixed M0-M9 matrices. Note that you'll need to recall Ans to see the changed value on the command line.

You can easily save into one of the M0-M9 variables by doing Ans▸M0 etc. Similarly, saving into a named variable of your choice is also possible - just do Ans▸myvar and myvar then also appears at the bottom of the matrices list and can be edited.

If you delete 'myvar' or store something other than a matrix in it then it disappears from the matrices list, as does 'Ans'.
04-11-2023, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2023 11:32 PM by gehakte_bits.)
Try EDITMAT(Matrix_name)
or EDITMAT() and double click a matrix on the stack.
04-13-2023, 11:02 AM
You can use Vars (key) then -Matrix to recall M0-m9 matrices.
You can store matrix like in - M58 if you want
You can use the Mem key, then -Math->Matrix to find more matrix operations
04-15-2023, 06:05 AM
(04-11-2023 11:28 PM)gehakte_bits Wrote:  Try EDITMAT(Matrix_name)
or EDITMAT() and double click a matrix on the stack.

It's too bad that EDITMAT() with no parameters doesn't just bring up the editor with an empty matrix. It seems that EDITMAT() can only work with an existing matrix.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)