Maximize a 41C - Challenge
04-25-2023, 09:42 AM
RE: Maximize a 41C - Challenge
QUAD MEM
X/F (if available, X/F + XM dual module, or X/F + dual XM installed in calculator)
CCD
HEPAX

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2023, 11:55 AM
(04-25-2023 09:42 AM)PeterP Wrote:  QUAD MEM
X/F (if available, X/F + XM dual module, or X/F + dual XM installed in calculator)
CCD
HEPAX

Unfortunately I can't "like" this selection (never thought I'd say that...), but it's definitely the best one I've seen, at least for the way I use a 41.

--Bob Prosperi
04-25-2023, 12:27 PM
(04-25-2023 11:55 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(04-25-2023 09:42 AM)PeterP Wrote:  QUAD MEM
CCD
HEPAX

Unfortunately I can't "like" this selection (never thought I'd say that...), but it's definitely the best one I've seen, at least for the way I use a 41.

Why do you need X/F when you can plug in an (ADV) HEPAX?

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-25-2023, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2023 06:05 PM by pier4r.)
(04-24-2023 07:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  No 41C ???? My son, you are missing an essential component of being a true HP aficionado....

Each physical 41 Port is connected to 2 logical Pages; the 41C ROM memory is comprised of 16 pages (0..F) of 4K 10-bit words.

... cut ...

The Port-X-Tender manual, which explains this FAR better than these short notes, can be found here, and is well worth reading by all 41 users. Nearly all readers will have a bit of an "A-Ha!" moment when reading this manual, written by Jake Schwartz!)

https://literature.hpcalc.org/items/1259

Thank you for the explanation and the literature reference (Sylvain Cote thank you too!). While I greatly appreciate all vintage computing systems, I cannot (yet) bring myself to buy one. I know that the 41C works on the same lines of the HP 42 (and thus Free42). While those are little marvels from which people squeezed (and squeeze) a lot of utility, I find the pure RPN programming not really fitting.

I can enjoy the RPL on the 50G, but that is plenty more comfortable than the pure RPN.

My point is: for me it is a pity if I have something and then I don't use it, even a little bit. Then I gladly leave the units for those able to use them. For the same reason I see the DM42 as great thing but I won't buy one even having the budget (with Plus42 maybe I can think about it). Same with the 48 series. They are, for all practical purposes, similar to the 50G. But the fact that I cannot as easily connect them to the computer and exchange files, will let me use them less and I find it wasteful. Then it is better than others can make more use of those (there is no shortage of bidding on ebay fortunately).

At least the 50G suffers periodically from my bad programming. I can say I use it.

And no, I am not that young anymore. I was young in 2010 - when the journey started - maybe.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)