HP41 : Zenrom Synthetic programming : Syntext
08-27-2023, 09:02 PM
HP41 : Zenrom Synthetic programming : Syntext
I have been trying to enter Synthetic programming instructions using the Zenrom Alpha Shift Alpha keys.

I wanted to enter STO M into a Program but I can’t find a way to. I assumed that the Hex numbers to enter are 91, 75; but when I do that then I get a Text T followed by two filled circles.

Alternatively entering STO first just gets me to STO IND when I press Shift next.

I have read the Zenrom manual , but it doesn’t help me to find the answer.

Can someone help me please ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2023, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2023 09:55 PM by Diego Diaz.)
RE: HP41 : Zenrom Synthetic programming : Syntext
Hi there,

From the ZENROM manual: Chapter 4.1 page 54.
"pressing [.] places 'ST' in the display you may now press any of the 16 letter keys
(T,Z,Y,X,L,M,N,O,P,O,R,a,b,c,d,e) to get the corresponding postfix byte appended as
part of the function."

In short, to your example, to enter STO M just press [STO] [.] [RCL] (RCL is the key for "M") and you'll get STO M in your program.

It works the same in RUN or PGRM mode.

Hope this helps.

Best

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
08-28-2023, 02:13 PM
(08-27-2023 09:53 PM)Diego Diaz Wrote:  Hi there,

From the ZENROM manual: Chapter 4.1 page 54.
"pressing [.] places 'ST' in the display you may now press any of the 16 letter keys
(T,Z,Y,X,L,M,N,O,P,O,R,a,b,c,d,e) to get the corresponding postfix byte appended as
part of the function."

In short, to your example, to enter STO M just press [STO] [.] [RCL] (RCL is the key for "M") and you'll get STO M in your program.

It works the same in RUN or PGRM mode.

Hope this helps.

Best

Diego.

Thanks Diego. I remember seeing this but I didn’t understand the significance or relevance to my difficulty ! Still really enjoying your Nov64d - an amazing piece of engineering.
08-28-2023, 07:01 PM
Hi,

Glad to help, and thanks for your kind words! :-)

"Do not suppose, check it twice."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)