HP 50g vs HP Prime a compendium
04-30-2023, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2023 03:33 AM by Alchemisst.)
HP 50g vs HP Prime a compendium
This is compendium for discussing about discussing capabilities of HP 50g and the HP Prime calculator so that maximum benefit can be obtained from both calculators

Both of them are the most high end calcs of HP.HP Prime being their star product.You can comment here what specific things you can solve in these calc.

1.CAS-

HP Prime boasts of the best CAS. i.e XCAS which can solve anything you throw at it.I.e complex integrals,system of equations,infinite sums and products.

HP 50g has a 'ok' CAS.but many limitations.It can't give all solutions to system of solutions,MSLV.

HP 50g can't solve most of the integrals.However has a good step by step feature.(I have created a program for implementing in the the HP prime.)

[Continued Further]

2. Graphing

HP Prime beats HP 50g here completely.Zooming,touch screen,Colours,Sketch gives a powerful advantage to Prime.

Permanently banned
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2023, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2023 09:25 AM by Alchemisst.)
RE: HP 50g vs HP Prime a compendium
https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...ead=200565

Discussion of why HP 50g can't solve infinite sums which add up to e^x

Still today the infinite series dont add up to e^x

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions...c-function

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Permanently banned
04-30-2023, 09:36 AM
RE: HP 50g vs HP Prime a compendium
Do you think it might be a good idea to put all of your posts appraising the Prime's ability to solve vs other devices, in this post instead of making 5 or 6 posts at the same time and making it difficult to navigate the forum?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)