HP online store
05-02-2023, 01:43 AM
HP online store
Anyone know what the deal is with HP's online store (Link)? I was just browsing there to compare against Amazon's price and not only is the Prime about a hundred dollars more, the images on the left are all of the HP 300s+

I chatted with an agent and they swear it shows HP Prime images when they browse there. But I tried on two different laptops and they both show the wrong image (yeah, I was thinking it could be something messed up with the browser cache on one laptop, but not after the second one did the same thing).

In a nutshell, I wasn't intending to purchase directly from HP since it was so much more expensive. But was attempting to determine if one purchased from a seller on Amazon or Walmart's online store would be a legitimate seller (have any warranty). I didn't get a satisfactory answer from the agent.

Anyway, it seems like they don't even want anyone to purchase from the HP online store, considering the price and incorrect images. If that's the case, why even list it on the store? Weird.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2023, 02:49 AM
RE: HP online store
You are correct. It even shows the 300s+ image if you add the item to cart. I doubt HP cares very much about their calculator line at all.
05-02-2023, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 04:48 AM by Steve Simpkin.)
HP corporate does not really sell calculators anymore. That operation has been licensed to Royal Consumer Information Products in the U.S. and Moravia Consulting in Europe, Africa and Asia. They are now responsible for producing and supporting HP brand calculators.
Here are the HP calculator sites for these two companies.

Royal Consumer Information Products (U.S):
https://hpofficesupply.com/product-categ...lculators/

Moravia Consulting (Europe, Africa and Asia)
https://hpcalcs.com/products/

The HP Prime is selling for $229 USD on the Royal site. A quick search of Amazon.com shows it currently selling for $128 USD. List price is shown as $149.99. This is the G2 model.
https://www.amazon.com/2AP18AA-ABA-Prime...B07HF6RXGG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2023, 02:36 PM
(05-02-2023 04:31 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  HP corporate does not really sell calculators anymore. That operation has been licensed to Royal Consumer Information Products in the U.S. and Moravia Consulting in Europe, Africa and Asia. They are now responsible for producing and supporting HP brand calculators.
Here are the HP calculator sites for these two companies.

Thanks! And the image is matching the product on the link you provided :-)

Wondering what the advantage is of ordering from HP's (Royal) site then, considering it is a hundred bucks more. When you order from Amazon, most of the time the Prime is sold from a third party seller. I'm guessing this means there is basically no warranty from HP when buying from a third party seller, but I don't really know for sure.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)