HP-5004A Signature Analyzer
05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
HP-5004A Signature Analyzer
Dear All,

after a long search, I was able to acquire a working HP-5004A signature analyzer. Does anyone happen to have a list of all HP devices that support the HP-5004A?

That would be great - thanks in advance. Also feel free to contact me if I can help diagnose or repair a broken HP device with the HP-5004A.

Best regards
Karl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2023, 04:28 PM
RE: HP-5004A Signature Analyzer
Dear All,

it's been some time since I asked this question about a list of all HP devices that support the HP-5004A signature analyzer.

It seems, that nobody has such a list and there is neither a hint in the HP-Journal article about the HP-5004A in V28N09, May 1977 nor in the HP-Applicationnotes No. 222.

Therefore I'd like to suggest, that we try to compile such a list ourselves. So far, I only know of two devices that are supported by the HP-5004A:
The digital multimeters HP-3468A and HP-3468B.

If you know of other devices that can be diagnosed with the HP-5004A, then please write the device type and number (e.g. digital multimeter HP-3468A) as a new reply to this thread.

I collect your answers in a list and then make it available in the article forum.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Karl
05-17-2023, 08:00 PM
You can add the HP-3421A data acquisition and control unit. However, there were many revisions so you need to be very lucky to get the correct set of signatures for your unit.

Also, at the end of the service manual of the HP 82713A plug-in module simulator for the HP-75 is a circuit diagram with signatures.

The HP-75 has the necessary support facilities for signature testing, but I am not sure whether the signatures are available.

Note that *all* signature analyzers generate the same signatures (assuming they are configured the same way).

Vassilis
http://www.series80.org
05-18-2023, 09:20 AM
Hi Vassilis,

thanks a lot for your contribution! That's a good start for our list of HP-5004A supported devices.

Hopefully many more forum members will share their knowledge and let our list grow bigger.

I'm going to compile the list from all inputs and upload it into the Article Forum.

Thanks again and best regards
Karl
05-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Dear All,

Thanks to all who have contributed to the list so far and shared their knowledge. I have published a first version of the list in the Articles forum.

But the list is certainly not complete yet. Therefore my request: If you know of any other HP Siganture Analyzer models or devices that can be repaired with signature analysis, please share them with us so I can add them to the lists.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Karl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)