Creating GROBS on a computer for HP50G?
05-11-2023, 01:43 AM
Creating GROBS on a computer for HP50G?
Does anyone have instructions on how to create GROBS on a Win10 computer? I'd like to have some small schematics in some programs as documentation, and drawing them on a computer seems to be an easy way to get a schematic. Hints on file formats, dimensions etc would be appreciated. I've found XnConvert, which purports to convert drawings to a GROB, but I haven't found any documentation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2023, 07:33 AM
RE: Creating GROBS on a computer for HP50G?
HPUserEdit is a great toolset that still works on Windows 10 without any technical hoops to navigate.

It installs in its native language (Portuguese), but this can be changed by selecting Opciones/idiomas/english when HPUserEdit first runs.

It's a full-featured IDE that handles far more than the creation of GROBs so be prepared for a learning curve, but it's well-designed and relatively intuitive so that learning curve is manageable. The only downside is that the bundled documentation hasn't been translated, but Google Translate or suchlike produces usable translations these days.

It's been a while since I used HPUserEdit, but one big tip is to use it in tandem with Emu48/49/50. This means you can test the objects/programs you create on Win10 before loading them onto your 50g. The integration between HPUserEdit and Emu48/49/50 is well thought through and a major plus of the overall user experience.

You can download HPUserEdit here.

https://www.hpcalc.org/details/6600
05-11-2023, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2023 08:00 AM by gege.)
RE: Creating GROBS on a computer for HP50G?
XnConvert read and write GROB file, it's multiplatform tools (windows/linux/mac).
You can use your favorite image editor and convert with xnconvert.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)