WP-34s - emulator on Debian bullseye Linux
05-21-2023, 05:20 AM
WP-34s - emulator on Debian bullseye Linux
Dear Co-calculator lovers, since I'm a fan of the WP-34s and WP-31s (and I admire the work of Pauli, Walter and Markus very much) I usually use these calculators in real HW and (with different displays - you know) also on my desktop comps at work and at home with the emulators under Linux64.

My newer Debian Linux (Bullseye) doesn't seem to support QT4 any more - so does this mean no more emulators on this OS, or is there a workaround? (Is it possible to copy the qt4-library into the Wp3s-folder or something?) Can someone more skilled (Pascal maybe) solve this for me please, or at least give me a hint? Many thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2023, 09:45 AM
RE: WP-34s - emulator on Debian bullseye Linux
Honestly, the best I can suggest is making the effort and porting the emulators to the new OS and contributing back to the project.

Pauli
05-21-2023, 09:48 AM
I have planned to port to a recent Qt as Qt4 creates problems with MacOS too but so far my real work has prevented me to work on it.
I may have more time in June.
05-21-2023, 11:15 AM
(05-21-2023 09:48 AM)pascal_meheut Wrote:  I have planned to port to a recent Qt as Qt4 creates problems with MacOS too but so far my real work has prevented me to work on it.
I may have more time in June.

Thanks, Pascal, I'm looking forward to it.
05-21-2023, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2023 08:00 PM by floppy.)
(05-21-2023 05:20 AM)ArneStolti Wrote:  Dear Co-calculator lovers, since I'm a fan of the WP-34s and WP-31s (and I admire the work of Pauli, Walter and Markus very much) I usually use these calculators in real HW and (with different displays - you know) also on my desktop comps at work and at home with the emulators under Linux64.

My newer Debian Linux (Bullseye) doesn't seem to support QT4 any more - so does this mean no more emulators on this OS, or is there a workaround? (Is it possible to copy the qt4-library into the Wp3s-folder or something?) Can someone more skilled (Pascal maybe) solve this for me please, or at least give me a hint? Many thanks in advance.
If you have Windows binaries, you could use WINE as a quick plan B instead of reworking from Qt4.

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
07-07-2023, 09:49 PM
There's a port for Android which works pretty well and may eventually help on the effort for porting to modern versions of Qt. Here: https://github.com/odkq/awp34s

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)