suggestion to wp34s
05-22-2023, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2023 09:35 AM by slabco.)
suggestion to wp34s
the program use 1 step for 1 digit for float numbers. that wastes a lot of memory. for example a program with 10 float numbers of 12 digits as constants can use 120 steps.
My suggestion is
give a program code part and data part. use "LBL data" to seperate them. append the data for the program at end of the code. use a new function "drcl" to recall the data into registers for use.

or 2
open a data part in the flash memory.
use a new function "dsto" to save data into the flash memory with the data name same to the program using the data.
put "1" into X register first. then dsto "the name of the program". save the content of r00 to the flash memory with the name of the program. put 10 into X register then dsto "the name of the program", save r00-r09 to the flash memory with name of the program.
with a new function "drcl" the program can get those data for use.

hope someone can accept my suggestion and updata the firmware of wp34s. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2023, 11:03 AM
RE: suggestion to wp34s
You can store constants in registers in backups and recall them using RCF and friends. That's been there for ages.

As for improving the density of code to hold numbers, you'll have to implement it unless someone else volunteers to. The source code is open and freely modifiable, so it's not impossible to do. However, I wouldn't expect lots of takers given how little has been happening with the 34S project these past years. I'm not going to look into it.

Pauli
05-23-2023, 01:28 AM
(05-22-2023 11:03 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  You can store constants in registers in backups and recall them using RCF and friends. That's been there for ages.

As for improving the density of code to hold numbers, you'll have to implement it unless someone else volunteers to. The source code is open and freely modifiable, so it's not impossible to do. However, I wouldn't expect lots of takers given how little has been happening with the 34S project these past years. I'm not going to look into it.

Pauli
Thank you very much for your help!
RCF command is not in wp34's owner's mannual. And not in my wp34s. So I don't know how to use it.

I tried find a way to compile flash bin. It is too complicated to me.
Those files make me confused.
kowning how those .h .c files and code inside make a calculator working seems a mission impossible for me. Sad
How could I implement it ........ Sad
05-23-2023, 01:25 PM
Hello!

(05-23-2023 01:28 AM)slabco Wrote:  How could I implement it ........ Sad

Only a few weeks ago someone asked the same question and got an answer: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-19819.html

Maybe you can make something of it.

Regars
Max

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)