Some application do not compile on HP Prime
05-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Some application do not compile on HP Prime
Does anybody know why some of my projects listed in Shift Program menu do not compile. I have to go to Shift Program and open the application then the application compiles without error and only then the application that did not show in USER Menu shows up in the USER Menu and works. It is strange. I do no correction, but have to open the application click CHECK, close it and it works. Can somebody explain why it is so, please. Thank you very much. John P.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2023, 12:22 PM
RE: Some application do not compile on HP Prime
Do you mean they do not run?

There can be various reasons that they do not run, maybe a variable they rely on doesn't exist. Maybe they need to be opened with a variable as an input.

If you can share a program or more info, then maybe someone can help you.
05-25-2023, 01:14 PM
RE: Some application do not compile on HP Prime
(05-25-2023 12:22 PM)matalog Wrote:  Do you mean they do not run?

There can be various reasons that they do not run, maybe a variable they rely on doesn't exist. Maybe they need to be opened with a variable as an input.

If you can share a program or more info, then maybe someone can help you.

Hello.
No, they run and were running when I wrote them. When I for example update OS or Restart the calculator, some applications recompile and show as programs in USER Menu, but some do not show i User Menu. Other programs that use them also do not show up, and are not recompiled. To get them to work, I have to go to Shift Programs to open the application (no corrections necessary), press the Check. The program then compiles and the applications that did not show up in User Menu show up and all works well. I do not understand why some applications recompile with no problems, but few do not recompile, even though there are no errors in the affected programs. Thanks.
John P.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)