decode an internal sticker (not a serious topic)
05-24-2023, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2023 05:36 PM by vaklaff.)
decode an internal sticker (not a serious topic)
In the other thread I mentioned a 65 I recently bought and cleaned. While disassembling it, a small piece of paper fell out. It's size is about 4x1 cm, the back side has traces of some glue that dried long ago and the front has this hand-written text:
Code:
11-16-83 DB  
            BN
XT,CA,CD,KX,CX
My guess is that some Mr. or Ms. D.B. gave the calculator a check or service in 1983. Obviously the person is American - the nonsensical date format gave them away :-) But I have no clue what the rest of the text means. Any ideas, my dear Watsons?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: decode an internal sticker (not a serious topic)
Service center repair tag perhaps.

See a photo here
05-24-2023, 06:34 PM
RE: decode an internal sticker (not a serious topic)
(05-24-2023 05:36 PM)vaklaff Wrote:  But I have no clue what the rest of the text means. Any ideas, my dear Watsons?

Indeed, these are codes were used by HP Tech Supt technicians to note which items were fixed, or at least tested, during the service event. No one has ever revealed the meanings of the codes, and someone, long ago in a PPCJ article (I think), noted that different techs may have even used different codes (a bad practice!).

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)