Is HP Prime Pro on Play Store? (hit and miss)
10-13-2023, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2023 08:39 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
RE: Is HP Prime Pro on Play Store? (hit and miss)
I see the CG500 on Google Play (unlike the HP Prime, on this phone), but it shows as not available in the UK.

It also shows no reviews yet, so I'm wondering whether it's just so new that it's not yet reached the UK - or whether it's unavailability might be more permanent.
(Prices for the actual device show in dollars, even after telling Casio I'm in the uk)

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2023, 11:21 PM
the casio fxcg500 come up as casio classpad in Europe. the free version is well cut down, you would have thought if yo owned one they would give you a free licence ,or a reasonable one off free like hp prime pro( which has went through a few name changes too).
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2023, 11:30 PM
(10-13-2023 11:21 PM)thenozone Wrote:  the casio fxcg500 come up as casio classpad in Europe. the free version is well cut down, you would have thought if yo owned one they would give you a free licence ,or a reasonable one off free like hp prime pro( which has went through a few name changes too).

On IOS, at least in the U.S., the Casio ClassPad app requires a monthly subscription of $1.99 to keep using it. I don’t think there is a free version.
11-17-2023, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2023 09:49 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Just to note, my old Huawei Android 8 with HP Prime Pro installed has recently started telling me that my keyboard is no longer supported.
I tried to update the keyboard, but my phone doesn't have enough memory...it might update if I delete some apps.
For the time being it's keyboard still works, but clearly my Android 8 has a limited lifetime, and presumably at some point the keyboard may stop (though hopefully that will only affect texting and dialling and naming files, not the HP prime keyboard).

11-17-2023, 08:16 PM
It's a bit frustrating that Play Store insists on each app being fully updated to suit the latest Android on the phone. Sure I can understand how this might be good IT practice. But Ive got lots of apps that run perfectly fine on my recent phone (because I've brought them forward with Smart-Switch when updating my phone), even though they aren't now available to me for a new download.
11-17-2023, 11:29 PM
A friend of mine praised aptoid store application,
from which I could download HP PRIME PRO two years ago.

I am not sure if it is still available there.

Regards,
Gil
03-14-2024, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2024 01:55 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
I have found that if I use this old link (pasted from the forum):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...calculator
Google Play will actually tell me the HP Prime Pro is not available* for this device because it was written for an older Android (i.e. Android is not backward-compatible).

Whereas if I simply search for it in Google Play, Google Play will pretend it simply does not exist*.

*(Or show it, if I were on that older Android, I guess)
Note: I'm not sure that that link would update, if the App were to be updated in the future.

Unless you have the right Android, its been absent for over 9 months now.

03-14-2024, 03:55 PM
When I change phones, I'm always going Samsung to Samsung and I use the Smartswitch App to bring over all settings, data and Apps. So I've got quite a number of still functional apps which have ported through several phones, which have long disappeared from Google Play.

I don't have Prime Pro in this way because I never kept it installed between phones. But I have apps like go25c and Touch15i. Does that lead to any insight?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)