Happy Fathers' Day!
06-18-2023, 01:19 PM
Happy Fathers' Day!
This is to all the dads on this forum - cheers!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2023, 03:38 PM
RE: Happy Fathers' Day!
(06-18-2023 01:19 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  This is to all the dads on this forum - cheers!

That must be most of us forum inhabitants. After all, who hasn't got a child or two ? That's what we're supposed to do , isn't it ? "Be fruitful and multiply" ...

Thanks, Eddie, have a nice weekend.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

06-18-2023, 03:44 PM
Not me. As far as I know...
;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
06-18-2023, 06:32 PM
(06-18-2023 03:44 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Not me. As far as I know...
Same here!
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2023, 06:57 PM
(06-18-2023 03:38 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  "Be fruitful and multiply" ...

I thought that it was meant for calculators to collect!
I got the instruction wrong. I have more calculators than kids.

On a side note, father's day seems to be pretty different even in regions that had/have similar religions.

For example Germany, Austria and Italy have different days. My Kids demand presents every time that there is a father day in any country that they belong to (they have dual citizenship, I am not sure we can get 3 as my SO has also dual citizenship). It is worse than inflation.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
06-18-2023, 08:40 PM
Hi, pier,

(06-18-2023 06:57 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(06-18-2023 03:38 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  "Be fruitful and multiply" ...

I thought that it was meant for calculators to collect! I got the instruction wrong. I have more calculators than kids.

LOL ! Smile ... so do I !

Quote:On a side note, father's day seems to be pretty different even in regions that had/have similar religions.

Indeed. Here in Spain Father's Day is celebrated on March 19. Some years it's considered a national holiday, some it's not, usually depending on the left/right leaning of the incumbent government at the time.

Quote:My Kids demand presents every time that there is a father day in any country that they belong to [...]

This is rich !   Here the kids are the ones to give presents to their father, not the other way around ! The more kids, the more presents you get.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

06-19-2023, 11:42 AM
Hello!

(06-18-2023 08:40 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  Here the kids are the ones to give presents to their father, not the other way around ! The more kids, the more presents you get.

Here (Germany) there are no presents for anybody on father's day. The day always coincides with the Ascension b.t.w.. You meet with your buddies (who must be male, not necessarily fathers but over 16 so that they can legally drink) and consume as much beer as you can, often even a little more. Father's day must have been invented by the association of breweries just as Valentine's day was invented by the florists.
In my family we did not not celebrate these days (mothers, fathers, Valentines, ...) and I don't do either. Not interested in heavy headaches and flowers.

Regards
Max
06-23-2023, 05:53 AM
(06-18-2023 01:19 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  This is to all the dads on this forum - cheers!

Thanks Eddie -- you might not know that Father's Day in Australia is in September, but the sentiment is appreciated regardless.
06-23-2023, 12:06 PM
(06-23-2023 05:53 AM)JimP Wrote:  

Thanks Eddie -- you might not know that Father's Day in Australia is in September, but the sentiment is appreciated regardless.

And in Brazil it is in August, but we are fathers on all days of the year!

Cheers

JL
06-30-2023, 03:41 PM
Eddie - I’ve sent you a PM
Dennis

Denny Tuckerman

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)