Sharp PC-E500S manual?
07-21-2023, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2023 03:24 AM by toml_12953.)
Sharp PC-E500S manual?
Does anyone have a PDF copy of the English manual for the Sharp PC-E500S? When I search with Bing or Google, all the links come up with the manual for the PC-E500 instead even if they say it's for the 500S. The 500S has a clamshell design and at least four more BASIC commands than the straight 500 and I'd like the manual for it.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2023, 04:50 PM
RE: Sharp PC-E500S manual?
The German manual is available here:
https://www.usersmanualguide.com/sharp/c...r/pc-e500s

It’s exactly the same as the E500 manual, but with the four additional instructions, and a description of the editor in Program mode.
Since I don’t speak German, I managed to translate most of these additional parts. See the attachment. It’s automatic translation, so it’s largely perfectible, but it’s enough to understand the descriptions.

Attached File(s)
.docx  PC-E500S additional commands.docx (Size: 10.88 KB / Downloads: 8)

Jean-Charles
07-22-2023, 09:31 PM
(07-22-2023 04:50 PM)Helix Wrote:  The German manual is available here:
https://www.usersmanualguide.com/sharp/c...r/pc-e500s

It’s exactly the same as the E500 manual, but with the four additional instructions, and a description of the editor in Program mode.
Since I don’t speak German, I managed to translate most of these additional parts. See the attachment. It’s automatic translation, so it’s largely perfectible, but it’s enough to understand the descriptions.

Thanks! My Grandmother, who came from Darmstadt, was extremely disappointed at my attempts to speak German.

Tom L
Cui bono?
07-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Thanks Jean-Charles, I've looked for this in English for years, even though I suspect there may not actually be an English manual as the E500S was not sold in the USA, Canada or UK, and Sharp rarely published a manual in a given language if none of the markets needing that language carried it, though, of course, the PC-E500 Manual is an exception to that rule of thumb.

Thanks also for the effort to translate and share the manual portions for the new structured programming commands.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)