Why can't my HP Prime G2 do radicals?
07-25-2023, 10:31 PM
Why can't my HP Prime G2 do radicals?
I've had mine for about 3 months, and just started getting into the calc practicing for my PSAT.
What I found really annoying was that the CAS mode won't do radicals!!!
Lets say SqrRoot 3 Sqr Root 3; ERROR SYNTAX.
If I do (Sqrroot 9x)^2, it gives me 35+45i, which makes no sense to the close answer.
Is there some setting I need to turn on or off to get answers for radicals?
I cannot do them manually if I had to save my life
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2023, 02:09 PM
RE: Why can't my HP Prime G2 do radicals?
For the second example, does x contain anything? I am going to guess it has been set to a negative number. Try executing purge(x).
07-26-2023, 02:28 PM
As well as checking the current value of any variables you are using, there are some settings specific to CAS mode which affect how it evaluates and displays values. Use shift-CAS to check your setup.

If you are still having issues, try posting screenshots to make it clear what you are seeing and specify the exact text you are expecting to see. That will help people help you...
07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Oh, and for the √3√3 problem, the Prime has a number of rules about when it will infer multiplication between terms. It will do that between symbols, numbers, and brackets, but not between two numerical forms like that so you will need to be explicit there about the multiplication.

These are the current settings I have and the results that I think you are looking for. I had to explicitly add the "*" in the first entry, but it was added automatically in the second.

[Image: uc?id=1LH9q4njLDbOWsb6aRhozD1FoO82XAix6]
[Image: uc?id=1dO7Xr5XldTkoi1rpRuV1QSD_EovqFw15]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)