(17Bii) Dice roller solver formula
08-12-2023, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2023 12:32 AM by flimshaw.)
(17Bii) Dice roller solver formula
I forget where I got this random number generator (UPDATE: it was from this post) but managed to figure out how to use it in a program to easily roll an n-sided die with one button press. Just put a non-zero seed in, and set VAL to the number of sides on the dice.

Code:
DICE:ROLL=0*L(SEED:FP((PI+G(SEED))^5))+INT(SEED*VAL+1)

No idea how well this random function does, but seems to work. Still trying to wrap my head around the solver in this thing so open to suggestions/improvements. Also only tried it so far in Emu42, waiting on the real thing in the mail.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2023, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2023 12:01 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: (17Bii) Dice roller solver formula
Suggest you poke in all the Solver examples in the 17BII manual; even if you don't need the applications they demonstrate, doing so helps to learn the syntax and UI of entering and using the Solver. And then...

This manual will help you to understand some of the finer points and more subtle behavior of the Pioneer Solver once you get the hang of it.

https://literature.hpcalc.org/items/1143

--Bob Prosperi
08-12-2023, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2023 02:42 AM by Steve Simpkin.)
CoolSmile Works great in the Plus42 app as well.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2023, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, just got the real deal and works well here too. I sprang for one with the spiral manual included, so I'll dig into those solver examples for sure.
08-14-2023, 10:57 PM
(08-14-2023 06:12 PM)flimshaw Wrote:  Thanks for the replies, just got the real deal and works well here too. I sprang for one with the spiral manual included, so I'll dig into those solver examples for sure.

Which 17BII did you get?

The original one with brown Bezel and soft case, or
The later one with Black bezel and soft case, or
The "Gold" one with the more rounded body and much cheaper case, or
The "Silver" one with the nicer, most leather-like case of the lot?

The top 2 have bug-free Solvers, while the bottom 2 have some bugs in the Solver (there are many articles here describing them in nauseating detail).

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)